{Chapter 5}

~4 years later~

-Destiny-

I was standing upon a glowing podium. The sky above me was not its usual blue. No, it was a bright red color. Flames of orange swarmed around above me. Where was I? How did I get here? I remembered curling into Leo after the small birthday party that he hosted for me in our little cabin. It was just the two of us, happily eating cake and celebrating my sixteenth year. Now, I was faced with an unknown.

"Hello?" I called out, feeling foolish towards myself for believing that anyone could possibly be around here.

Silence. I was only faced with the silence of the surrounding air. I glanced down at my feet, only to realize that I had on glass slippers, the glass tinted red. In fact, the entire surrounding area was in fact only colored by using various shades of reds. It matched the sky so well, but why red? Indeed it was my favorite color, but this was going a tad bit too far.

"Hello? Where am I?" I tried again, but as I should have known, I received no answer.

Sighing, I stepped off of the podium and strolled around the meadow, looking around at the roses and red tulips. I was sure that this was merely a dream, yet it felt as if I were really walking in a world of red. It was frightening but astonishing at the same time.

Suddenly, I heard the sound of a woman giggling off in the distance. I snapped my head towards the direction from where it came from and glanced around. There was no one there, but I was certain that I heard laughter. Had my mind gone insane?!

"No, my dear. You are more than healthy. Do not worry."

I gasped at the sudden voice speaking directly behind me. Turning around, I spotted three, tall beings that were hidden by black cloaks. The color of the cloaks contrasted drastically with the environment, causing my head to ache slightly. They removed their black cloaks to reveal two males and a female.

The female stood slightly in front of the other two, hinting that she was slightly more powerful than the males. Her long, raven black hair fell down her back in elegant waves, her face as white as snow, yet she possessed such dark eyes. The males' appearances were very much like the female, so alike that I wouldn't be surprised if they were triplets.

"Who are you guys?" I asked them, my voice barely above a whisper.

"We are the Fated Council, a triplet set hand chosen by the creator to choose the paths and fates of those that the creator creates," the woman replied, her voice as elegant as her appearance.

"Indeed, and we have been watching you, Destiny. You are a very important person, a very important person indeed," the taller man added, smiling slightly at me.

I glanced down at the ground. "Oh, I doubt that. I've done nothing but stir trouble up since the day I was born."

"Lycans were made to be headstrong for battles, but ignorance is known to develop from a headstrong personality. It is the Lycans' ignorance that is at fault here, not you child," the shorter man explained, his voice very soft and soothing unlike the other man's voice.

"He is right. They were foolish for disposing of you, for now they will face their punishment," the woman sneered out.

"Punishment? What sort of punishment?" I asked.

The all bowed their heads. "A punishment that you will deliver to them."

My eyes widened in shock. "Me?! But I would never harm anything!"

The woman stood straight and walked to me, holding my chin and tilting it up where my eyes would directly meet yours. "You are the most powerful creature on this earth. You are needed for a very special reason, but you will not know everything at once. Throughout the year, we will reveal new pieces of your true species and future. If you need advice from any of us, just call out our names."

"But what are your names?" I asked them.

The woman giggled. "Oh, silly me! My name is Dux."

The taller man walked towards me and bowed slightly. "My name is Fortis."

"And I am Pax," the softer spoken man said as he walked up to me.

"Isn't that Latin for leader, brave, and peace?" I asked them, not knowing how I was aware of the language in the first place.

They all nodded. "It has begun."

"Wait? What has begun?!" I asked frantically, but the trio had already faded away, leaving me alone once more in the field of red.

I closed my eyes and reopened them over and over, trying to find a way back into reality. Suddenly, I felt something drip onto my arm. Holding my arm up, I noticed with horror that it was a drop of blood. Another dropped on my skin, followed by another. Soon, it was raining blood, and I became soaked in the horrid liquid. All around me, the scenery faded away, and my sight became blurry.

I shot up on the couch shrieking, breathing raggedly as if I had run a marathon. I looked around the room frantically, sighing in relief when I realized that it was only a dream. Just a simple dream. Yawning, I sat up fully.

"Emmy?! I heard you scream! Are you alrigh--Oh my gosh! Emmy what happened?!" Leo yelled out as he rushed over to me, picking me up and rushing me to the bathroom.

As he turned on the faucet to the bathtub, I became utterly confused.

"Leo? What's wrong? I'm perfectly fine," I reassured him.

He snapped his head towards me and shook his head. "You're covered in blood, Emmy! That's not perfectly fine!"

With widened eyes, I glanced down at my body. Sure enough, I was soaked head to toe in blood. The dream was real then. The fated council, the red environment. It was indeed real!

"Leo...my dream. It's real! I really was visited by them!" I gasped out in shock.

He pouted out of confusion. "Them? Who's them?"

I smiled. "Dux, Fortis, and Pax! The Fated Council! They visited me in my sleep! I remember it starting to rain blood right after they vanished..."

"You were visited by the Fated Council? Well, what did they say?" he asked.

"They said that over the year, pieces of my true species and future will be revealed." I told him.

"Wow..", he trailed off, "but we shall talk about that later. Wash up and meet me in the kitchen afterwords. Your clothes are already on the bathroom counter."

I nodded and removed my clothes after Leo left, turning on the shower faucet and getting in. I made sure to scrub every last inch of the retched blood off my me before turning the shower off, climbing out and slipping on my clean clothes. I rushed out of the bathroom, forgetting to turn off the light, and raced down the hallway and into the kitchen. Leo was already there, leaning against the counter. He had a nervous look on his face, which concerned me. He was my truest friend after all.

"Leo? What's the matter?" I asked, walking up to him.

He sighed softly and looked down at me. It was rather embarrassing that I didn't manage to grow very tall. I was roughly five foot even. "There's something that I need to tell you about, something that will change your life forever. Our lives, really."

I raised an eyebrow, slightly suspicious of him. "Okay...what is it?"

"Mates."

A/N Hey Guys! I hoped you liked this chapter! Thank you all for reading my book:) Remember, if you have any questions or suggestions, please comment and I will answer/respond:)

Please:

Vote

Comment

Share

Follow

Spread

(Eat a banana in honor of The Doctor!!)