{Chapter 14}

-Leonardo-

"This is where you will work. If you have any questions, Carter here is this mail room's hardest worker. He can help you with a thing or two," Mr. Butler informed me as he lead me to the basement of the company's large building.

Down here, the basement of course didn't have any lights, as they were all artificial. Windows were not present down here, and it gave me such an unusual feeling to put up with. Oh, I sounded like a frightened child. I needed to get myself together. This job will serve a wonderful opportunity for Emmy and myself. I will be able to make much more and buy my love many things. For once in my life, I can do what I've always wanted to do: spoil my sweet mate.

"Thank you, Sir. I'm very thankful for such a wonderful job opportunity," I told him with a polite smile, hoping that I didn't sound as if I were attempting to kiss up at his wealthy shoes.

Luckily for me, he simply chuckled. "You are most welcome. I'm sure that this job will benefit your family, or well, soon to be family."

I blushed very lightly at his statement. It brought to my mind the future that I would eventually have fully with my mate. That is, unless her destiny is not as it seems. I tried not to think about the outcomes of what could happen to my love from her chosen reason to be born on this earth. It always brought the bad thoughts out of me, and that is not how I should support her. I should keep the motivation positive...for both of our sakes.

"It certainly will. I'm sure that I will get the hang of this place very soon," I reassured my boss.

"I'm sure that you will as well. Now, I have a meeting to attend. Enjoy your first day of your new life," he said, a strange glint shone in his eyes, but I paid no attention to it.

Mr. Butler left the room, my sensitive lycan ears picking up a light chuckle coming from his lips. Shaking my head, I turned around to face the mail room workers, who all had passive expressions on their faces. One man stood out from the rest, as he held a deep frown upon his face. The wrinkles at the end of each of his eyes hinted to me that he was beginning to exit his youth days, entering the days of a middle aged man. His hair was cut short, brown with a hint of red whenever it reflected the artificial light. His eyes were a hazel color, neither fully green or brown. I was beginning to become very uncomfortable with his stare, but at the same time, I didn't know how to exactly introduce myself to the man without making this situation awkward.

"Excuse me? Are you the new manager? I'm Jennifer Ariston, one of the workers down here, but I've assumed that you've picked up on that," the tall woman chuckled out, holding her hand out for me to shake.

I smiled slightly and shook her hand. "Leonardo Firewrath, and yes, I am the new manager."

"Firewrath, you say? What an unusual last name. It's as if you come straight from a fantasy land filled with knights and dragons," she teased, pulling her hand back.

I shrugged. "I suppose it's quite uncommon."

"Leonardo Firewrath, you say?" a deep voice spoke softly from somewhere in the room, yet the room fell silent to the man's voice.

I glanced towards the direction from where the voice came and nodded. "Yes, and who might you be?"

To my surprise, the man from earlier, the one who sent unpleasant shivers running down my back, stood up and walked towards me. "One does not simply ask my name directly, boy. Ya might be the manager, and this might be a stuffy mail-room, but I have a reputation to keep. My name is not openly given unless I deem one worthy of knowin', and you boy, are not worthy."

I rolled my eyes. "Alright, alright. For now, I'll give you a name of my own. Charlie. That'll work."

The man walked right up to me and bent down slightly to meet me eye-to-eye. His glare was unlike any others. It easily qualified for the most scariest glares that I had ever received, which is saying a lot considering that I am an Alpha Lycan. "Boy, you're barkin' up the wrong tree here. I outa pummel you right where you stand, but with you bein' a rookie, I'll let ya off with a warnin' this time, ya here?"

My wolf paced back in forth inside my mind, growling and snarling. He demanded that I allow him control. He wanted so desperately to show this older man who was the top wolf in this room. I was able to hold him back, but not easily though. This man had quite the attitude for a human.

"My apologies. Next time, I'll refrain from pushing your buttons. How about we all get to work," I told everyone as calmly as I could.

The man huffed and stormed the other direction, probably to go back to his own station hopefully. Jennifer ran up to me with such an excitement gleaming in her eyes. I raised a brow at her and backed away when she became too close for my liking.

"That was amazing! No one had ever dare to give that grizzly a nickname before! You're really brave!" she whispered excitedly, jumping up and down like a kid who consumed too much sugar.

"It was honestly no big deal. I've dealt with guys way worse than him," I admitted honestly, shrugging my shoulders as if it were no big deal.

She gasped. "Really?! Where did you come from? A gang, special agency? Oh, where?!"

I had to really refrain myself from rolling my eyes. This chick was seriously on a sugar high at the moment, or perhaps she had to much coffee this morning. Whatever the case was, she was freaking me out a bit.

I sighed and pushed her down to keep her from jumping, hoping that that would calm her down. "Look, the only person who I talk to about my past is my fiancée, and no one else."

A slightly sad and disappointed look crossed her features before she came her usual hyper self. "Oh, I totally understand! Maybe I should get back to work."

Before she was able to completely walk away, I grabbed her hand and spun her around. "Wait."

"What?" she asked.

"Um...who's Carter? Mr. Butler said that he could help me learn a thing or two around here," I asked, scanning the room slightly.

She giggled. "Well, Carter isn't a very friendly guy. We just call him Carter, by the way."

My eye brow rose in confusion. "Why?"

She pointed towards the man who had interrogated me just a few moments ago.

"That, is Carter."

A/N Hey guys! I hope that you guys are liking it so far!! News Flash!! I finished Attack on Titan today, and now I'm sad that it's over :(. I want season 2!!!

Question of the day:

Who is your celebrity boyfriend or girlfriend?

{Niall :3}

Please:

Vote

Comment

Share

Follow

Spread!!