{Chapter 18}

-Fredrick Butler-

My lovely little Phoenix was curled into my lap as I read over the reports that my spies had written for me. According to almost every single report that I had received, Destiny Emerald Eclipse is no longer present among us. I couldn't wrap my mind around this discovery. It wasn't possible that this girl could have simply vanished into thin air. It simply wasn't possible. She was out there somewhere, but where could be that somewhere? I had my ideas, but I didn't want to rush into making hasty decisions. I needed to find out where the girl's general location was, but the process of finding such is what I still needed to develop on.

"We'll find her love. You'll see," my mate whispered into my ear as she played with my hair.

I smiled softly down at her. "I know darling. We shall find her, and when we do, we'll eliminate her where she stands."

She laughed and sat up in my lap, facing me directly. "I do hope so. We need this place in tip top shape for our child."

"Indeed, my love. Indeed," I mumbled out, rubbing her belly gently with my free hand.

When I found out that my precious mate had conceived our child, I knew that now I had a bigger reason for ridding this earth of Destiny Eclipse other than mere revenge. I needed this earth safe for its heir. Once I take over the world as its supreme dictator, my son or daughter would learn by myself to one day take over my place when I pass on.

"Do you think that perhaps Leonardo could be hiding her away from our viewpoints?" Phoenix asked, placing her hand over my own hand that was still rubbing her belly.

I nodded. "I have considered that. It's nearly impossible to hide her scent from my spies, but there's still a small possibility. We will just have to continue our observations on Mr. Firewrath. Something will come along hopefully."

We sat there together as I continued to read over more of my I coming reports, growing ever more frustrated over what I was reading. Indeed, each report came in just the same. I decided that my clan needed to work harder in order to successfully find that brat.

I picked up my cell phone and called my most trusted spy, Snake. "Snake. Have you received the news that has been pouring into me for the past few hours?"

"Yes sir. I haven't seen any active activity come from the target's home. I'm personally growing certain that Leonardo Firewrath has nothing to do with Destiny Emerald Eclipse's disappearance," he replied gruffly.

I sighed and pinched the ridge of my nose in frustration. "Very well. And you say not even Leonardo himself has made an appearance? I would assume that he would be out searching for his 'beloved mate' if he had nothing to do with her disappearance."

"As would I have assumed as well. I'm inferring here--and this is simply my opinion--that Leonardo knows about her vaishing. Perhaps a friend offered a safe place for her to stay. Perhaps she may have died. I do not know for certain, but I will keep looking," Snake promised.

"Good. I expect as much. And one other thing. I never told you to beat him up down in the basement. He's your manager now," I told him in amusement.

He chuckled darkly over the phone. "Of course. My apologies, boss."

I ended the call with my right hand man and sat my phone back on my desk. A smile formed on my face when I heard my mate let out a squeaky yawn.

"Are you tired darling?" I chuckled out, leaning down to kiss the top of her head.

She merely nodded tiredly, causing me to chuckle again at her cuteness. I stood up with her carefully in my arms, carrying her out of my office and towards our room. Laying her down gently upon the bed, a large grin formed on my face as I imagined her with a large belly, carrying our child. She was carrying the world's future dictator.

"What are you so happy about?" she asked as she yawned.

I smiled down at her and rubbed her belly, climbing into bed with her. "I was just thinking about our child. I wonder what gender it will be?"

"I'm hoping for a boy," Phoenix whispered, smuggling into me.

In just a few mere minutes, my mate was softly asleep against me. I smiled and played with her hair, growing sleepy myself.

"As do I mate. As do I."

A/N hey guys!! I am so sorry that this chapter is short, but its getting late here so I needed to finish up.

Shoutouts to: DRAGONEYE720 and dsalinas1 for commenting last chapter!

Question of the day:

What is your favorite animal?
{I like all animals, especially wolves, deer, and lions.}

Please:

Vote

Comment

Share

Follow

Spread

~Have a blessed day~