{Chapter 17}

-Leonardo-

Where was she? Just a few moments ago she was just there on my back, enjoying the run that my wolf provided for her. A bright light blinded me for a few moments, and then...nothing. While still in my wolf form, I ran around frantically, trying ever so desperately to find my beloved mate. I howled into the air, hoping that she would hear me and return, but I received nothing. I was panicking now. My love was gone, taken from me.

"Emmy! Emmy, where are you?!" I yelled out into the forest after I had shifted into my human form.

But all that I was faced with was utter silence. The forest itself was silent, as if every living creature had vanished. It caused an uncomfortable feeling to emerge from inside me. Something clearly wasn't right in this forest, and I had a feeling that Emmy was apart of this event. I didn't know how, and I didn't know why. I just knew.

"Emmy! Answer me!" I tried again, but the silence met me once again.

Tears blurred my vision, my mind becoming a mixed ramble of negative thoughts as to what could have happened to my little mate. I slumped against a tree, clenching my fists in a desperate attempt to calm myself down. If I was going to find Emmy, then I would need a clear and working mind.

Suddenly, I felt something light land in my lap. I glanced down to see a sealed letter, the seal in the shape of golden angel wings. I picked it up and opened it, taking out the letter and unfolding it.

It read:

To the Alpha lycan, Leonardo Firewrath, we of the Great Fated Council  inform you that your mate of glowing green eyes is safe and secure. She is now needed in a much more serious matter than that of the mating bond. We must keep her under our guard until we deem her ready for the final step into becoming what she must become.

My dear wolf, you know not one thing of your soul mate's amazing and catastrophic powers. These powers are unlike anything that my siblings and I had ever created along with the creator himself. With these powers that your mate possesses, she will be able to lead the angelic forces of earth and win against the demonic forces that exist around the world. With these powers, she will be the most powerful among all living things except for the creator and us Fated Council Members.

And with these powers, she will become what she always wanted to be. But do not fret, for you will see her soon. After all, she will need her right-hand commander at war.

Commander at war? A war was coming? The Fated Council had taken my mate in order to train her for a war? I needed to know more about this war, and most importantly, I needed to see my mate. I wanted to make sure that she was alright. I needed to physically see that she was alright.

Standing up from my slumped position, I trotted back towards the cabin. In my mind, I daydreamed that as I was walking, my Emmy would be sent back to me. Unfortunately, my imagination was not allied with reality. I would not have her back, not now anyways.

Once inside, I walked towards the area that was between the kitchen and dining room, the area where Nix's food bowl and such was kept. I knew that I would be sleeping on the couch for a long time if I didn't take care of my beloved's treasured pet. I sighed softly as Nix purred and ran her side against my leg, happy that I was feeding her.

"Your mother's gone somewhere, Nix. I don't know when she'll be back." I told the white cat softly.

As if sensing my sadness, Nix purrs louder and nuzzles into my legs, causing me to chuckle lightly.

"For a cat, you sure aren't half bad," I admitted rather reluctantly, walking away and leaving Nix to enjoy her food.

I walked into my office and grabbed a folder filled with paperwork that I had brought home from work. I wasn't sure quite yet how I would deal with that Carter guy. There was something very suspicious and odd about him that I wanted to get to the bottom of. His scent was that of a full-blooded human, yet he had enough strength to successfully beat up an Alpha lycan. That fact alone just wasn't adding up in my mind. Either I was weaker that I had thought to be, or Carter was a master at hiding scents. Either way, something needed to be done about him. The workforce in the mail room wasn't going to function properly if they had to work in constant fear.

As I continued to work on my paperwork—which was due the next day actually—a strange breeze blew past me. It carried with it, a song that I knew so well. It was the very song that Emmy had sung to me after she first heard it in the meadow. standing up, I followed the sound of the singing out of my office and even out of my cabin. It lead me across my rugged dirt driveway and through the dense forest. I fought through the twigs and branches, but I had a feeling that it would be worth it in the end.

As I followed the sound, I noticed that the forest was becoming less dense with every step that I took. I then realized that I was nearing the meadow. I hopped over one fallen tree, almost tripping as well. Soon, I broke free from the forest and stepped foot upon the meadow. What I saw next shocked me to the core.

It was Emmy. My Emmy. She was the one who lead me here with her beautiful singing voice. Her feet were bare, and on her was a dress of the purest white that I had ever laid my eyes upon. Her fire red hair was neatly braided down her back, and her eyes glowed very brightly. They were so bright that they lit up the surrounding grass around her, creating somewhat of a green spotlight for her.

I stepped closer towards her, possibly in a trance from her goddess worthy beauty. However, just as I was about to pull her into a hug, she vanished from my very eyes. Her image became nothing more than a collection of sparkling dust. I dropped to my knees, my eyes watering. Once again, my imagination failed to ally with reality.

Only then, did I hear a faint whisper in my ear. "Soon, my love."

A/N Hey guys! I'm so sorry that I didn't update over the weekend. I had a lot of things to do! But Im back!

Shout-outs to: PTX-FOB_lover2014, DRAGONEYE720, and dsalinas1 for commenting last chapter!

Question of the day:

What is your favorite number?

{14!}

Please:

vote

comment

share

follow

spread