{Chapter 4}

~4 years later~

-Destiny-

"Do you think he's been gone long? It's only been a few hours...but still. He said that he would be back in a couple of hours. It's been four for crying out loud!"

I glanced down at my new kitten that Leo had gotten me just last week. She merely looked up at me with sleepy, crystal blue eyes. I giggled at her face and patted her head. She was such a calm kitten with soft, white fur that had a few spots of brown here and there. Leo made such a fabulous decision getting her.

Because of the fact that we had to run away on such short notice, Leo had to drop out of high school and find work. Now, a little over four years later, he was forced to work three jobs a day just to keep us going. It bugged me that I was only twelve years of age. It meant that I wasn't able to go out and get myself a job, which would help us out so much.

I was still schooling, but I was no longer in a public school system. It was very dangerous for me to even leave our small little cabin actually. If anyone that even remotely knew anyone of our old pack, we would be done for. Instead, Leo had enrolled me in a homeschooling program. To be on the safe side, the school supplying me my text books and such was actually located a few states over in case the alpha attempted to find us via school records.

But with the homeschooling comes a rather high price each month. It was why my Leo, who was now twenty years of age, had no choice but to work multiple jobs. I attempted to persuade him to allow me to quit in my studies, but he simply refused. He wanted me as smart as I could possibly be.

"Perhaps his boss is making him work longer than usual. He has done that before, and at least they pay him extra for doing that," I suggested to my little kitten, Nix. She simply yawned at me, one of her cuter things that she did.

I picked my little pet up and placed her on my lap, running my hand down her back over and over. I honestly felt bad for Leo. Very recently, I had begun to hit puberty. Meaning, I had started my maturity cycle. It was horrible because now I had become much more moody lately, along with the fact that I had added to our financial problem with the...new supplies that I would now need.

I blushed as I thought about the first time that it occurred. Leo never explained the process to me, so when I discovered blood a few weeks ago stained on my sheets, I had thought that I was dying. I didn't want to cause Leo anymore stress, so I hid it from him. I couldn't even successfully hide it for more than a day because of the fact that I had ruined many of my pants and skirts. Luckily, Leo had been prepared and sat down with me, explaining the process of female puberty.

In my opinion, it didn't seem fair that females had to deal with all things painful. Males certainly had it much easier than us. I was relieved when he informed me that it only lasted a week at the most, and he had left the house straight away to get my needed supplies, including a bottle of pain medication.

I also noticed that physically I was changing. I was developing more curves, as well as developing mature breasts. It was the natural cycle of becoming a woman. I was becoming a woman, yet my face remained the same. Leo explained that my facial appearance would possibly take more time to age, but I was fine with it.

While in my deepest thoughts, I had failed to hear the front door open and close. Before I knew it, someone had wrapped their arms around me and pulled me into their chest, causing me to scream out in surprise.

"I'm home, little one! Let's have dinner! I'm starving!" Leo boasted out, swinging me around as if I were a rag doll.

"Leo! Put me down!" I giggled out, trying to pry his arms off of me.