{Chapter 7}

-Destiny-

A few weeks had gone by since the rather strange dream, and nothing really had happened since then. In fact, the only thing that had changed was the type of relationship that Leo and I shared. We were more of a couple, now that I knew what he was meant to be towards me after knowing him all of my life. I didn't blame him from keeping the secret from me. I was only a child after all, he being eight years older than me. I just wished that my parents were alive to see their daughter grow from a girl into a woman, but alas, the Fates did not see it my way. Speaking of Fates, they had not sent me any clues since the dream. That it, unless they in fact have and I just was too blind to notice anything. I was positive that the new cover with the red butterflies was merely a birthday gift from Leo. I never did get around to thank him for it, but perhaps I should.

I was pouring a bit of cat food in Nix's light purple cat bowl. Her water was already nice and full, which gave me one less thing to do. I was really considering taking Nix, who was now almost four years old, outside to enjoy the fall weather with me. We both don't get to go outside much because of Leo's strict rules. He was always afraid that there was someone outside watching me, waiting for me to make a mistake that would ultimately end my life. I always teased him about being overprotective like that, but I knew deep down that he could be very well right. I glanced down at my fluffy white cat, who was happily munching on her meal.

"And don't ask for more. You're already getting to be a fat cat," I said in a playfully stern voice toward my cat.

Nix merely meowed at me before going back to eating her cat food. I left her to it as I walked back to my room, determined to go outside while Leo was away at work. I knew and understood the possible risk that I was taking by leaving the cabin, but it was a risk that I was willing to take. There was something about the outdoor air that appealed greatly to me. I didn't know how, and I didn't know why. It just did.

"Now...which one, which one?" I mumbled to myself as I sorted through the different types of thin jackets that I had.

I preferred the colder weather over the blazing summer heat, so I never wore anything more than a thin jacket during the cold seasons. No matter how cold it got around here, I always preferred my thin jackets. Leo eventually stopped buying me thick jackets after he realized that I would never wear them. He did take me outside every now and then, but I had to stay by him always. Never was I ever allowed outside on my own, even if he was at home.

"Ah! This one will do just nicely!" I beamed, holding up my red cardigan.

I quickly slipped my cardigan on, adjusting the sleeves to where they wouldn't cover up my hands. It was one of the many flaws of being very short in height. Once I was sure that my jacket was fitted well on me, I grabbed my purse and slipped my house key into it. I was planning to lock the door behind me after all. After slipping on my purse, I exited my room and trotted back into the kitchen, where I noticed with satisfaction that Nix had finished her meal.

"You're a fast eater, as usual," I teased her lightly as I picked her up.

She squirmed a bit in my hold before settling in, yawning her adorable yawn. I shook my head at her in light amusement as I carried her out of the door. Holding her in one arm, I reached into my purse and pulled out my house key, locking up my cabin.

I placed the key back into my purse, giving Nix a goofy smile. "There we are. Even though we live out in the middle of nowhere, you just never know who might show up at your doorstep."

We headed off, walking down our narrow dirt pathway that was really considered our drive-way. I didn't have any idea as to where I would go and explore, but I had this weird feeling that I would just...know. I trotted down the road for just a bit more, but Nix started to squirm again. I held onto her tighter, but she only squirmed even more, now growling at me.