{Chapter 23}

-Destiny-

"Here we are. Russia." Dux said as the swirling wind around us faded out.

We entered upon the outer most regions of Russia, which was surprising considering how big the entire country was. The triplets had told Leonardo and I that it would be wiser to approach the enemy based on planned surprise. With this strategy, the enemy would not be prepared for our sudden attack, giving us a higher advantage of winning this battle. I wasn't trained in the skill of battle strategy. I only knew how to fight and defeat the enemy with not only strength but patience, as well as wisdom. Leonardo, however, grew up learning battle strategies for the pack that he was supposed to take over one day. It would be him that I would rely on deeply this time.

 "Do you have the slightest clue as to where the demons are at?" Leo whispered to the triplets.

"From what I can see through my mental map, it appears that the main army of demonic forces are located ten miles to the west, three miles to the north. We should reach the battle ground by nightfall," Fortis whispered back, studying our surroundings carefully.

 I took this silent time to run a hand over my stomach. Dux had confirmed that I was indeed pregnant. It was too soon to discover the gender of the infant, but I had a feeling that it would be a girl. To protect our unborn child, Leo had requested that I wear some form of armor. In return, Pax had given me an iron chest plate to wear over my upper half, which would hopefully keep my child safe as I fought. I had the chest plate on as of now, but I still had a worry deep down that my child would die on me. I knew that it would be foolish to think such thoughts, but I couldn't help it.

"Come on, Love. We're moving on," Leo's voice shook me from my thoughts.

 I nodded and held his hand, following him and the fated triplets onward west. It would be a long walk, and I hoped that I would have plenty of strength left over to succeed in this battle. As if reading my thoughts, Leo picked me up and continued walking, carrying me bridal style. I glanced up at him and almost asked him why he did that, but his face was glued onward, not even looking down at me. I shook my head slightly and snuggled into him, my lazy side secretly happy that I wouldn't have to walk the thirteen miles in total.

 ~~~~

I heard a horrid sound. It was the sound of pain and torture. I picked my head up from Leo's chest, having awakened from my long nap. I yawned as I glanced beyond where we stood. A good distance away from us, there was a large army of horrible looking creatures, rabid werewolves and lycans, mutated vampires, and other demonic creatures. The tallest demonic creature had eyes that glowed red in the dark, the moonlight causing them to twinkle. He had a human appearance, but his hair was long and raven black, having a blue tint to it under the moonlight. Even from a distance, I could easily tell that his skin was sickly pale, unlike my natural pale that really only appeared a fair skin tone.

 "That is the general to all demons. His name is Malum Principem, Latin for evil leader. How ironic, don't you think?" Fortis whispered to us, smiling slightly at his own words.

 "He has a really big army. How can we alone fight such an army?" Leo asked.

The triplets, along with myself, smiled cheekily at my mate. I spoke up, keeping my voice soft and low. "We have an army, Leo. You'll see."

We camped out behind the massive boulder that we were hiding behind. It was wise to wait and start the battle during daylight, when the demons would have less power. Nighttime had a tendency for giving demonic or evil creatures extra power that would make them even stronger than they originally were. However, the daylight was quite the opposite. It slightly weakened their powers, as daylight represented the angelic and good creatures, boosting our own power and self-confidence.