{Chapter 24}

-Fredrick-

A chuckle formed out of my lips at the astonishing news that I had received just mere moments ago. According to my spies, the war had finally begun. The demonic creatures of the "enemy" Russian army had been defeated by that blasted Destiny. Luckily, my days of seeing her idiotic mate's face daily had expired, seeing as I had all of the information on Destiny that I needed in order for my plan's outcome to be successful.  From what I, along with my spies, had gathered from careful observations, the girl had but only one weakness, and that weakness was her very own mate. If something drastic were to happen to him, such as his death, she would fall into a sever depressed state, making her weak towards anyone who dare strike at her.

It saddened me how my lovely Phoenix would not be able to watch such a glorious moment occur with me, but I dare not expose her to the likings of war in her critical condition. Both her and the child would be safe here, away from the dangers of war. I needed an heir and a queen to rule by my side after all.

"Hurry back soon, my love. I shan't have a fatherless child," my mate whispered to me with such a worry laced in her voice.

I quietly and quickly shushed her with a kiss, silently promising her that I would return back to her and my unborn child alive and well, and if my plan was to succeed, a title of dictatorship as well.

Collecting my belongings, I swirled my hand in the air, causing my needed accessories to disappear. However, they were not gone per say, but more like in a personal dimension of mine. It was such an easy way to travel in my opinion.

I walked out onto my balcony, where my traveling would begin. I tilted my head up towards the sky, chanting under my breath, calling the wind in my aid. Soon, I was swarmed by the swirling wind. It lifted me into the air and stood still, keeping me contained in its spiral. I smirked at how amazing my power was. The wind was waiting for my command, such a loyal nonliving component.

"To the outskirts of Germany!" I called out, relaxing as the wind carried me over the city, and eventually over the ocean that separated the United States from Europe.

When I arrived upon the land, I glanced around. Lucky for me, no one was around this area, meaning that the battle was occurring someplace else. I waved the wind away and started to walk on foot, using my magic to create an inner mind radar in order to track my targets. This radar that I had was much like a radar that one would have in a government facility. I was able to pin-point different people, species, and more by using a color code. A tradition that I had always made sure to do was to color code my main targets red. For my special warlock eyesight, the color red tended to be the easiest color for the eyes of my kind to pick up. Therefore, it made the perfect color for coding the most important aspects on my mind radar.

According to my mind radar, both Destiny, Leonardo, and many other nonhumans were located northeast of my current location. The miles were exactly ten and a half. I mentally sighed as I knew that I would be walking for quite some time. True I could use my magic to speed up the traveling, but I had to stay above the enemies common knowledge. I didn't know what type of creatures would be aiding the couple in this war, but if they had any connections with the fated council, or even the fated council themselves, then using my magic would be a terrible choice. If my magic were to be exposed to any member of the Fated Council, they could easily take it away, rendering me useless and practically human.

I wiped a bead of sweat as it trickled down the side of my cheek. I did not realize how hot Germany would be at this time of year, and it certainly did not help that I was wearing such thick and warm clothing.

"Snap out of it! You have bigger things to ponder over," I reminded myself as I neared a clearing.

I peeked at the area from behind the trees, noticing the groups on either side. Both sides radiated a powerful aura, one demonic, and one angelic. As defeating as it sounds for one such as myself, the aura forming from my greater enemies side was much more comforting then the other. I studied the armies and the area, pondering over how I could intervene and overtake both armies. I was certainly strong enough, but I wasn't quite sure if I was skilled enough.