{Chapter 25}

-Leonardo-

I growled at the man standing before me, a man who claimed to be my half-brother. His smirk of pure confidence hindered me from going into open battle with the man. I could easily tell that this Markos fellow had a trick up his sleeve, and I wasn't sure if it was such a wise idea to risk both my life and the life of my beloved mate by tormenting the man into using such power.

"My my. Are you giving up before the battle even begins?" he teased me, chuckling at my pitiful sight.

I ground my canines together, they becoming sharper and sharper by the second due to my anger. Glancing over my shoulder to spot my mate on the ground, her eyes staring at Markos with a developing fear. It brought me to my senses, knowing that I had to succeed in killing off this warlock. I had a mate who's life was on the line, and not just even her, but my unborn child as well.

"If you even think that I would give up so quickly, you are sadly mistaken and confused," I snarled towards him, shifting into my wolf form in ready of battle.

He chuckled once more. "So be it then."

With that said, Markos flew up into the air, lightning surrounding him. The angelic warriors surrounded us, their swords drawn to defend us from the foe. Suddenly, the ground below us began to shake violently. I picked Destiny up with my mouth and flipped her onto my wolf back, racing along with our warriors away from the developing crater. Beings of different species appeared out of the now multiple craters that surrounded us. I glanced up into the air to see the insane warlock/werewolf mixed breed laughing hysterically at us. I snapped my wolf jaws into the air, trying to gain the fool's attention. He merely glanced my way in an amusement sort of way before chanting towards the newly appeared species.

"Attack!" I heard him call out,as hundreds of twisted looking creatures charged towards us.

Destiny, much to my displeasure, attacked back along with the other warriors. I myself slashed a pathway through the multiple sets of creatures in order to find that blasted Markos. Eventually, I found him now on the ground, giving out instructions towards his army. I narrowed my eyes when he looked my way, that amused smirk once again on his face.

"Ah. I see that you have been unwise in neglecting the location of your beloved mate and unborn child," he mused.

I had to control myself from showing my shock towards the fact that he knew about my unborn child. How had he known of such a thing? I snared at him, showing him my fearsome set of larger-than-usual canines. However, he merely laughed at my gesture.

"Such an animal, much like that disgusting and idiotic man that we both call Father," he nearly growled out, sending a group of twisted creatures my way.

I leaped forward and tackled the creatures down, ripping their throats out. Attacking over and over, I managed to take down all of the creatures with only a few minor scratches. I glanced back up at Markos with narrowed eyes, almost missing the hint of fear that crossed his face.

"I see that you are more skilled than I would have anticipated. But no matter, you have been without a pack for several years now. Surely you are lacking in at least one skill," he shrugged off as a suggestion, unzipping his coat and tossing it to the ground.

Strapped to his shirt were many torturing devices, all being made of silver, a lycan's ultimate weakness. I backed up a step as to not get too close to it. The strange smile on Markos's face drew me in to the conclusion that he had indeed noticed my slight hesitation to pounce on him and end his life once and for all.

"What's the matter? Hmm? Is the little puppy afraid of silver?" he mocked me, though I was somewhat curious as to why the silver did not affect him, his blood being half lycan.

I growled at him and shook my head, snapping my jaws at him a few times. I wanted to show him that I meant business when it came to the life of my friends and family. Despite the fact that he had silver covering most of his body, I leaped forward and bit into his leg with my powerful alpha jaws. I clamped down hard, hoping to snap his foot in half. Luckily, my plan went my way as his leg literally snapped in two, causing massive spurts of blood to spread around us.

"Ack! You stupid worthless mutt! Prepare to meet your end!" he yelled out, tossing three silver daggers toward me.

Not able to get out of the way quick enough, all three daggers met the sides of my stomach, bringing me down instantly. I whimpered loudly in pain, trying to desperately change back into my human form so that I could quickly and easily remove the daggers from my side. However, it seemed that I was already too weak to even do that. I glanced towards my side to see that my half-brother was also dying as well. I knew that from that massive blood loss, there would no chance of survival for him. All around me, I could hear the sounds of fighting, but over time, the sounds became quieter and quieter, until there was nothing but silence. What seemed to be years later, the sounds of rapid footsteps approaching me was heard. I tried to open my eyes to see who it was, but I was much too weak to do such.

"Leo?! Leo!" I heard a familiar voice call out as I felt someone hug me tightly.

I could also painfully feel the daggers being pulled out from my side.

"Will he be alright, Dux?" the same voice asked, who I know realized was my beloved mate Destiny.

"I...the possibilities of him surviving this are very limited. He has a better chance at dying, I'm afraid. And I do apologize for being so honest, but I feel that something such as this should never be sugar coated.," a deeper female voice spoke softly.

Sobbing was heard directly into my ear as Destiny gave me a tender kiss on my furry cheek. "I love you, Leonardo Firewrath. I'll tell our baby all about you, how you were a hero for us all."

Soon after, I felt as if I was separating from my body. Then, a flashing of bright light occurred.

I left my mate and unborn child alone in the world below me.

A/N Hey guys! So, today is my first official day of summer! Yay! And this is the last chapter, but don't kill me! The epilogue will be up today as well! And yes, I am aware that the ending is very sad. But please read the epilogue because you will no longer want to kill me if you do haha!

Question of the day:

Any of you guys out for summer yet?

Please:

Vote

Comment

Share

Follow

Spread!!