{Chapter 21}

-Destiny-

"Destiny?" Leo gasped out, shocked beyond belief.

I had to retain my laughter, knowing that it would annoy him greatly. It warmed my heart to see that he had missed me this much, as I could see the beginnings of tears in his eyes. I held my arms open for him, welcoming him into a hug. He wasted no time as he rushed over towards me, picking me up and swinging me around. I giggled when he showered my face in various kisses.

"Calm down, Leo. I was only gone for a few weeks," I shrugged out.

He pulled me ever so close and hugged me tightly. "That, my love, was far too long in my opinion. Much too long!"

I smiled and snuggled into him, enjoying the feeling of his warmth coating me. His lycan genes gifted him with the advantage of having such a warm body, and I absolutely loved it. I felt a soft kiss placed on my forehead, which caused me to smile even brighter.

"I'm sorry, Leo. I shouldn't have to do something such as that anymore," I whispered to him.

I heard him sigh softly, so I glanced up at him. His eyebrows were furrowed, his eyes casted off somewhere else. They were  very unfocused on anything, which led me to assume that he was in deep thought. I smiled slightly and held his face in my hands, bringing his face down to look me eye-to-eye. I pecked his nose to give my love and mate a silent reassurance in whatever he was thinking about.

"Leo? What's the matter?" I whispered to him, rocking his face in my hands slightly.

He sighed once more, yet his eyes warmed up as they stared into my own. "There's something that I want to ask you, and you don't have to agree. I will completely understand your answer to anything that you decide on."

I furrowed my own eyebrows. "What are you talking about?"

He looked away, and he spoke so softly that I barely heard him. "I want us to have a mating ceremony."

My eyes widened and I pulled away. "What?"

"I knew it was too soon," he mumbled to himself, looking away from me.

I shook my head at his childish ways and turned him around, giving him another reassuring smile. "It's not too soon. I mean, we have known each other for sixteen years now. In my opinion, we're the champions at taking things slow."

He laughed and held my hands. "So, are you saying yes?"

I nodded, smiling brightly at him. "Of course I am! But I must ask you. What pack would allow us on their territory to have the ceremony performed?"

"Alpha Stephano is a childhood friend of mine. He runs a pack three hours from here, called the Vanish-Creek Pack. He agreed to have our ceremony performed without anyone present. I made sure that my father would not be contacted for any reason what-so-ever." he explained to me.

I nodded in understanding. "So when will we leave?"

Leo chuckled and left the living-room, coming back a few minutes later with two, packed duffel bags. "Right now! Let's go!"

He tugged at my arm, and we exited the house, rushing to the truck and climbing in. Leo threw our duffel bags into the back before cranking up the truck, backing up and driving away from our cabin.

"Wait. Why do we need duffel bags? I thought that you said Alpha Stephano's pack was only three hours from here?" I questioned him.

He smiled. "Oh. You'll see."

I laughed softly and switched on the radio, happy to hear the next song that played on the radio.

"When your legs don't work like they use to before, and I can't sweep you off of your feet. Will your mouth still remember the taste of my love? Will your eyes still smile from your cheeks?" I sang softly, smiling at the song's lyrics.