{Chapter 3}

-Destiny-

There was something wrong me with, that I knew. I was only eight years old, yet my entire community hated me for some odd reason. I had no idea as to what it was. Every time that I asked my mommy or my daddy, they would always tell me that the other pack members were jealous of my beautiful green eyes. However, that answer made no sense to me. There were many others in my pack with really pretty green eyes, and they weren't shunned like I was. There had to be something else, but I couldn't figure it out. I knew that the answer was right in front of me, but I couldn't properly grasp it. They were hiding the truth from me, I was sure of it. Despite my young age, I was overly intelligent. I knew that something was up. I knew that Leo, the only non-family member that I trusted with my life, was also keeping things from me.

I was hoping that one day that they would reveal the horrendous secret to be. However, it seemed that my short time on this planet was finished. The only thing that I could possibly see was utter darkness. It was as if I was staring into the night sky that was empty of its stars and moon. What had happened to leave me in such a state? I attempted to open my eyes, but nothing happened. It was as if I was already awake and simply staring into an empty space. Had I gone blind? I was about to call out for help, but then the voices came.

"Robert. This is going too far. Not only was your daughter an attempted murder victim, but my son as well. He is the future alpha of this pack, and you know it. His death would be the end of this pack."

Who was that? Perhaps there were spirits around me, and I had yet to fully die in order to see them.

"And what does that mean?! Father, I can take care of myself! Never blame Destiny for your pack's stupid actions!"

That voice I could figure out fairly easy. It was the voice of my only friend, my Leo. Had he died as well? Guilt swarmed at me at the thought of myself being the reason for my best friend's death.

"My pack does not make foolish actions, boy. It is us that are at fault here. We are going against the lycan council every day that we keep your mate here! She is putting my pack in danger, Leonardo, and I have had enough of it!"

"Don't say that! She is mine! Mine! You hear me?! If you get rid of her, I'm leaving as well! I will go with her, old man!" An argument. Leo was arguing with someone, but I couldn't piece together the other male's face. I knew him, but I couldn't imagine his face. Who was he? His voice reminded me of Alpha Percival, but he would never talk bad about me. He adored me! He said so himself. But the more I listened to their conversations, the more I knew that I should face the truth. It was Alpha Percival, the man who swore to protect me along-side my father. It seems that he had gone back on his promise. He had joined the others.

Suddenly, I started to feel my arms and legs. I wasn't dead! I wiggled my fingers and toes, excited that I could feel them once more. Slowly, I began to gain full control of my body, but my eyes had yet to open. Soon, however, I was able to peel my eyes open just a tad. It was enough for me to see that I was in a hospital room, most likely the hospital on our pack grounds. I felt someone hold my hand and kiss it gently. I knew immediately that it was Leonardo. I squeezed his hand back, showing him that I was awake and responsive.

"Emmy?! Emmy! Thank God that you're alright! I thought I lost you!" Leo choked out as he pulled me into a tight hug, crying softly on my shoulder.

I smiled and played with his hair. "I'm fine Leo. I just feel kinda dizzy."

Leo pulled away from me and handed me a glass of water, one with pretty red butterflies on them. I gulped the entire water-filled cup down before handing it back to Leo. He climbed into bed with me and held me close to him, just like he does when I have nightmares at night. My mommy would always call him over if I couldn't stop crying. For some odd reason, Leo made everything better.