{Chapter 10}

-Leonardo-

"Leo, why do I have to be here?" Emmy whined out.

I held in my chuckle and continued to wipe down the counter. I decided that I would, for now at least, bring Emmy with me wherever I go. That also included my workplaces. I just couldn't trust her quite so soon to stay indoors. There was simply too much danger out in the world that was after my sweet Emmy.

I had three different jobs, all very low paying. However, with the payments of the three jobs combined, I was able to keep us very well off. I was currently at my morning to midday job, which was a Starbucks worker, the Starbucks being located at one of the most successful business's in our city. It was known as Butler Inc., a very important company that deals with most architecture for various builds such as planes and such.

I've never seen the man who owned the company, Fredrick Butler, but I hear that he was quite possibly one of the most youngest business owners in our area. I've also heard that he was a very cold and heartless man, which didn't surprise me at all.

"Uh...hello? Anyone there?" Emmy asked, knocking on my forehead with her knuckles.

I softly swatted her away and raised a brow at her. "Hmm? What's up?"

"What's up? Why did I have to come to work with you?" she asked again, but more irritated this time.

I sighed. "I want to keep an extra close eye on you, Emmy dear."

"You don't trust me? Do you?" She turned away from me slightly.

"Oh, Emmy," I sighed out, kissing her on the cheek, "I do trust you. It's the possible enemies around us that I don't trust."

I wasn't a total lie, but if she knew that I was having slight trust issues with her, our relationship would mess up. I smiled at her when she nodded, scooting up more in her seat.I continued to wipe down the counters, and even Emmy helped out by taking orders for me while I made the coffee for the customers.

"And what would you like sir?"

"Actually...I'm here to speak with Mr. Firewrath."

Confused, I shifted around to spot a man and an averaged height, yet lean girl beside him. The girl had a phone that she seemed to be texting on, not even bothering to look up. Her hair was long and black, but it had purple and red streaks mixed in as well. The man standing beside her had an obvious high status to him. His height was shocking, him being at least a few inches taller than myself.

He ran a hand through his golden blonde hair, which spiked up at the center. His icy blue eyes glanced away from my beloved mate and upon me, causing me to become slightly nervous. His thin beard aided my inference that he was possibly a few years older than me as well.

I glanced over at my mate, who radiated a nervous aura from her, so I walked up to her and pulled her into my side, comforting her.

"I am Leonardo Firewrath. You wanted to speak with me?" I asked him.

He chuckled slightly. "But of course. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Fredrick Butler, owner of Butler Incorporations."

My eyes widened greatly. "Oh, good morning Mr. Butler. Is there something the matter?"

"No, not at all. I was simply wondering if you were interested in a job opening that I have. It pays very well, and I've also heard from others that you are currently working three jobs is it? That must be hard on you," he said solemnly.

I raised a brow. "What kind of job?"

He smiled. "I recently fired the manager over the mail room, and I was wondering if you would be interested in the job. You seem to be someone who had natural leading skills, so I think that you will be most suitable for the job. Your new job will play well, well enough to quit these...lowly jobs."

I furrowed my brows slightly. "Hmm...it sounds promising, but I'm not sure."

"This is perfect, Leo! It'll only be one job to worry about, and you won't have to worry about those horrible midnight security guard shifts!" I heard my little mate say to me in excitement.

"And who are you? A friend of Mr. Firewrath's?" Mr. Butler asked.

"Oh, she's my...fiancée," I explained to both Mr. Butler and his assistant.

His assistant finally glanced up from her phone to look at us. I almost gasped when I saw the color of her eyes. They were as golden colored as the color gold could get. It was as if someone had melted gold into her irises.

"Oh! Congratulations!" he chirped out, smiling brightly.

"Yes, congratulations," his assistant spoke out softly, her voice very mysterious sounding.

"Oh, how could I have forgotten? This wonderful and beautiful woman at my side is my lovely assistant, Phoenix Wolfe," he introduced her.

I smiled and leaned over the counter, shaking her hand. "Nice to meet you. Leonardo Firewrath."

"So I've heard..." she mumbled out, returning back to her phone.

"You must excuse her. She's awfully busy," the business owner said apologetically.

"Oh, it's fine!" Emmy said with a wave of her hand.

Butler chuckled. "I do believe that I was never properly introduced to you, my dear."

"Oh! I'm sorry! My name is Destiny Eclipse," she said with a slight bow.

"You have very...enchanting green eyes. If I didn't know any better, I would say that they are glowing..." he trailed off, staring more and more into my mate's green eyes, causing her to blush.

I resisted the urge to growl at the human and wrapped my arm around Emmy's waist. "Yes, they are very unique. Her amazing eyes are what attracted me to her in the first place."

He smiled at us, and I could have sworn that he had smirked at us for a fraction of a second. "So...the job offer? What do you say?"

I glanced down at Emmy, who gave me a thumbs up and a nod, before glancing back up at Mr. Butler.

"I suppose that I will accept your job request."

A/N Hey guys! I hoped that you liked this chapter! Congrats to PTX-FOB_lover2014, who is now a character in this story(Phoenix!)

Shout outs to: PTX-FOB_lover2014 and DRAGONEYE720 for commenting last chapter!

Question of the day:
If you could go anywhere on Earth, where would you go?
{I would go to Tokyo, Japan!!! I WUV JAPAN!!! :3}

Please:

Vote

Comment

Share

Follow

Spread