{Chapter 11}

-Destiny-

We decided that since Leo would start his new job in the morning, we would stop quickly by his old workplaces so that he could officially quit them for good. I was so proud of my Leo. I didn't know how Mr. Butler could tell that Leonardo had natural leading skills, and I was quite suspicious of it too. Leo was as well, but this was a job opportunity that he just couldn't let go.

I stayed in the car while Leo went inside the establishments, leaving the music on and singing softly with the song. Music always made things better in my opinion. It was such a powerful tool that could change your mood just based on what the artist was singing about, and it fascinated me at times.

"Emmy? Can you unlock the door?"

I glanced up and giggled at Leo's frustrated face. It was very often that he managed to lock himself out of the car. He always left the keys to me in case I had to make an emergency get-away.

"Please?" he whined, poking out his bottom lip and whimpered like a little puppy.

"What's the magic word?" I asked him, twirling the keys on my index finger.

"Um....er....eh....I love you?" he answered, but it came out as more of a question.

I laughed. "I guess that's good enough."

I leaned over towards his side and unlocked his door, leaning back when he opened it and climbed in. Suddenly, I felt myself being tickled all over! Leo always tickled when I did something "wrong".

"S'stop! Stop Leo!" I laughed out, squirming madly in my seat as he continued to tickle me.

"Admit that you're in love with me," he said as he increased the tickling.

"Never!" I responded back stubbornly, fighting to endure the pain in my sides from the laughing.

He sighed. "If that is what you wish. Prepare for your death! Death by mass tickling!"

I screamed and started to kick when the tickling became too much. Eventually, I had to give in. "Alright! Alright! I'm in love with you!"

"Promise?" he asked.

"I promise! I love you, Leonardo Darren Firewrath!" I yelled out.

I let out a loud breath of relief when the tickling finally ceased. It was finally over. I glanced up to see a bright smile on Leo's face, his eyes watering. I became concerned and sat up.

"Leo? What's wrong?" I asked full of concern for my mate.

"You love me. You really love me," he choked out, a few tears trailed down his smiling.

I smiled back and held his head with my hands, wiping his tears away with my thumbs. "Of course I do. I've loved you since I was a mere child."

He smiled and leaned down, kissing my forehead. He rubbed his nose against mine in affection, pecking my lips softly. I played with his hair and kissed his cheek.

"Maybe we should go home. It's getting late." I suggested, pulling away from Leo and sitting back in my seat.

He smiled slightly and nodded in agreement, cranking up the car with his keys. "Yes, let us go home."

He backed the car out of the parking lot that belonged to the job that he had finally quit. No more will he have to suffer the momentum of working multiple jobs. Now he only had one job, a well paying job at that. I kept the radio on as we drove home, singing with the songs that I knew.

"You have such a beautiful voice, my love. I could listen to your angelic voice all day," he said lovingly.

I blushed and giggled slightly. "My voice isn't that good."

"You're wrong, so very wrong. You're voice is absolutely spectacular," he complimented me, causing my blush to worsen.

"If you say so.." I mumbled out slightly.

The rest of the ride remained silent, except for the radio playing of course. I tapped on the side of my car door, in sequence with the beat of each song that played. I wanted to look out my window and gaze at the beautiful trees that surrounded this thin road, but it was too dark to see anything unfortunately. I had to entertain myself with sound instead of sight for the remainder of the drive. Eventually, I dozed off when a slower and softer song came on the radio, luring me into a peaceful sleep.

Later on, I heard the sound of my car door open. My seatbelt was unbuckled, and someone gently picked me up. I knew from the intense warmth that I was my beloved Leo. I snuggled into him as he carried me towards the house. He nearly dropped me when he struggled with both holding me and unlocking our front door with his keys, but he luckily managed. Carrying me into my room, he gently laid me on my soft bed, and that was when I opened my eyes and stares up at him. I furrowed my brows when I noticed that he seemed to be in deep thought.

He hadn't noticed that I was awake due to the fact that he was zoned out. He seemed to be struggling with something, but I didn't quite know what it was exactly. He sat down at the edge of my bed, turning to look at me. I closed my eyes and attempted to fake being asleep.

"Emmy...I know that you're not asleep. I need to speak with you," he whispered to me.

I sighed in slight defeat and sat up on my elbow. "Alright. But what's wrong?"

He sighed. "Did you notice something oddly...suspicious about Mr. Butler?"

"Well, I will admit that he did seem a bit odd and...knowing about somethings," I admitted to him.

"Do you think it was wise for me to accept the job offer then?" Leo asked me, looking down into my glowing green eyes.

I nodded, smiling at him. "Of course it was wise of you! This was the blessing that you needed, Leonardo! Imagine! One job with well payment! It's a miracle, in my opinion."

He chuckled. "I suppose that you are right, little one. But how will I know that you will be safe? What if he's after you? He seemed all too knowing of your eyes."

"I will be just fine, Leo. I promise," I reassured him, sitting up and pulling him into a hug.

He hugged me back and buried his nose into the side of my neck, scenting me. "But I want to make sure that you are safe, and I know the perfect way."

I pulled back and raised a brow at my mate. "And what would that be?"

He smiled lovingly at me, holding my hands with his.

"Let me mark you."

A/N HEY GUYS!! I hoped that you guys enjoyed this chapter! And yes, I thought that I would make this chapter a cliffhanger :3.

Shout-outs to: PTX-FOB_lover2014 for commenting...several times actually on last chapter! So big shout-outs to ya!! :3

Question of the day:

What is your favorite singing group Or band?
{Mine would have to be Pentatonix and Casting Crowns cas I have 2! :3}

Please!:

Vote

Comment

Share

Follow

Spread