My Hero Arjun

'It was then that Arjun pushed Abhay towards Mansi making that emotionless fool to confess to her. They finally were clear about their feelings to each other. Ignoring everybody else around them, Abhay put a handful of vermillion on her partition making it fall all over her nose and neck. Finally they found the ending they deserved.'
Sunaina finally closed the hardbound cover of this book.

It was 3 am again. The dark circles in her eyes were now clearly visible. She had been re-reading her favorite book for the upteempth time now. 'Waking up with you'- a book about Manshi and Abhay where they both fell in love with each other under the most cliche scenario ever. But what amazed her was not their love story but another character who supported them through thick and thin- Arjun Saxena, Abhay's brother. He was a man with blue eyes and sleek black hair. Though the main focus was always on Abhay, the writer never forgot to add descriptive features of Arjun. He was a buff man who had an IQ of 132. To Sunaina, that seemed pretty amazing. He was the heir to his father's second and not so flourishing IT company, 'The Conark'. He played a big role in helping his brother get his love.

Every time she read this book, her heart yearned more for Arjun. She was more sympathetic towards him. He deserved the world according to her. The fiction she read gave a life partner to each of the supporting characters except Arjun.

Why?
Was it because he was just an underrated character? He worked so hard for his elder brother but in the end, he didn't get his share of happiness. Wasn't she just the same? After her third break-up, she kind of gave up on searching for her last strand of happiness. She just sits in front of her computer, works till it's over then prepares everything for her family and then goes back to her world of books. 'The ugly nerd' is what her colleagues call her.
Wasn't that the reason, her last boyfriend broke up her? Those thoughts bring tears to her eyes. She still remembers that day as clear as daylight.

"But why?" A teary eyed Sunaina looked at Nikhil, who just broke up with her.

"Look Naina, I can't do this. I mean come on! You aren't fit to be with me. How am I supposed to introduce you to my family. You are such a plain Jane!" He was sticking to his decision that day, as firmly as possible. Sunaina was sure that even gods couldn't convince him otherwise. Without letting her speak, he left her working premises. She still returned to her usual working space immediately after this episode. Her mouth curled up into that plastic smile, that she has to put throughout the day.

That night, she crawled into her bed sheet after completing all her duties and cried out loud. Finally finding solace in her favorite story book, her heart ached more for Arjun and maybe for herself.

"Ah....why does he have to stay single forever!" She was very frustrated at the author today.

"I would have definitely given him a different kind of happiness if I was the author." She suddenly smiled to herself.

"If only Arjun found someone to fall in love with." Repeating these thoughts in her head, she dozed off to sleep.

The alarm buzzed in at 7 AM, 8 AM and then 9 AM. Sunaina groaned in her sleep as it was already morning. She started off her routine by making tea for her parents.

"Your tea with ginger since you were having a headache." She smiled at his father.

"Here's your tea without sugar and milk" she handed her a cup of black tea.

They sipped in their tea without much words. It was always like this, her parents never talked to each other nor did they talk to her much. After providing them tea and making sure their medicines are given to them, she got dressed and went to her office. Her black and white stripped shirt paired with off-white formal pants showed no efforts to hide her curves. Today, she tried her best to put on her eyeliner that was lying on her dressing table untouched for quite a few years now. That was the only make up that she thought of applying. On entering the office campus, she wished everyone and entered into her cubicle. All of her favorite things were placed there including a fictional picture of Arjun which was made by her best friend Abhipriya. She started at the photo and sighed. Those blue eyes of his and perfectly god like features were attracting her like anything.

"You really should date someone you know!" She bickered. Before she could say anything more, her eyes found another picture- a picture of her and Nikhil in Mauritius. She smiled bitterly as she remembered how Nikhil checked out girls during the whole trip and ended up blaming her for being less attractive. She took the photo in her hand and put it inside a paper shredder. No more crying over such a jerk! She went back to her work and the rest of her day went smoothly. It was finally time for her to go home when suddenly her boss called her in.

"Yes sir" She peeped through the door before coming in.

"Yes Sunaina tomorrow a new boss will be joining in and he will  be supervising the project on behalf of our client."

Another project that I need to complete without any promotion eh? Sunaina smiled sarcastically. She knew she was a big name now in the world of IT but what was holding her back in leaving this stupid place? Maybe the comfort and the fear of change. Yes! That might be it. She didn't listen to the rest of the instructions given to her. After his manager was finished, she bowed and was about to leave when her manager said,

"Sunaina you are a good employee, we believe in your skills but you need to work a lot on your presentation. You are too plain to deal with the clients." This shattered her very self esteem.
Why is it that every manga or story book that she read always spoke of a girl who is a plain Jane and they certainly get a happy life while here I am! Not being promoted to MD because I am plain!!!!!

"Ugh!!! God why are so unfair!!!" She stopped driving mid way towards her home and shouted.

She reached home at 9 and started cooking for her family immediately. The smile of her parents was her world and she cherished it a lot. After putting them both to sleep, she decided to return to her room. Today, she wasn't in a mood to code. Her imaginations were going crazy today.

What if Arjun and she was meant to be together? This was a thought that pricked her up a lot of times. But she shrugged it off knowing better than anyone how impossible of a thought this was.

"I wish I could be with him." With these words of hers, she fell asleep.

It was dark everywhere. Her feet unable to move.

"HELP!" She shouted but no was there for her. Fear was getting the better of Sunaina when she found a hand raised towards her. Thinking that this is the only way to escape she decided to hold on to that hand. Suddenly the hand pulled her in and pushed her in the darkness immediately after.

She shrieked and woke up from her dream. She got up feeling a stinging pain in her hand. She realised she was completely wet. What freaked her out more because she didn't see her room accesories surrounding her. On top her stood the open sky and in front of her was the sea. She was sitting on a land formed of sand.

Did I sleepwalk here? She wondered to herself.

"Are you okay?" She finally snapped out of her thoughts and looked around to see a lot people surrounding her. She nodded in response thinking that would be the only logical thing to do.
She was scanning the crowd, when a guy came in front of her and was started looking at her. Those deep blue eyes of his made Sunaina's heart flutter. He was wearing a brown shirt that was rolled up to his sleeves. She noticed he was wearing a formal attire but his pants seemed to wet too. I finally got the courage to ask him.

"Hey! Did you save me? How did I end up here? Who are you?"

His expression showed me how confused he got when I asked him all this. Suddenly someone from the crowd said something due to which my blood turned cold.

"Don't you know he the famous Arjun Saxena, the second in line and the heir of Conark industries?"

Arju....n....... Sa.....xeee....na?

Hello everyone finally I started my story. Hopefully it will be like by you all. Do give your feedback. Thank you