VDay Special pt2 and special announcement: Closer

[This is another valentine's day special episode that I thought of updating. I have something in mind that I want to share with you all and this chapter is important for that. I hope you can go through it. I am sorry if I am delaying for so long. 🥺]

Preeti's POV

I looked up at the stairs that lead to the balcony. Its been over an hour since Sunaina and Arjun were there together in the balcony. Given the ferocious cat she is, I hope she doesn't bite the poor guy to death.

"I hope they both are doing okay."

"I think they are doing just fine." I turned around and found Shawarma standing beside me with childlike eyes. I looked at him and smiled timidly. His eyes have a certain serenity in them which I can never comprehend. No matter what happened, this man was always by my side. It might be an author's privilege but I must say I am gonna miss him a lot when I go back to my world. I turned around him and looked at his gentle stature.

"Its amazing to be in love right?"

"Indeed it is milady..." He smiled gently.

"What about you?" He raised his eyebrows gesturing as if asking a question.

"I mean before being a butler...did you ever fall for anyone?" I asked a little shyly. Why did I ask such a question? I don't know but it felt right. Maybe I wanted to be familiar with him. Afterall, he was someone who was staying beside me when I had no one here. When even Sunaina didn't know I was staying here. He took care of me, protected me and gave me a certain security that I have never got before. I smiled at him waiting for his answer. He thought for a while and then replied with confidence.

"I loved my mother." I cracked up at his answer. Seeing such an answer coming from his side, I couldn't help but smile at his innocence. He looked at me with confusion. "What's wrong milady?"

"I meant to ask you if you had a girlfriend or not." I clarified.

"Oh." He finally understood what I meant. "Well, I never got time to have a girlfriend to be honest. I always wanted to serve you and that's why I have been here ever since I opened my eyes."

"What do you mean by that?" His words caught me off guard.

"Well..." He continued. "My parents used to take care of Ayu mansion. The previous owner had some crazy powers. People said she could foresee the future. "

"Foresee the future?"

"It was like that lady actually knew everything from the beginning. She used to tell my parents that one day Ayu will step in. She will awaken her power to alter the dream realm and merge it with the reality." I was at awe hearing Shawarma's words. Is this all true? Is this the reason why my best friend was dragged inside this book? Is that the reason why I was able to get inside this world without much difficulty? But powers to alter dream realm and reality? What kind of a weird prophecy is that?.

"So where is this lady then?" He lowered his eyes and looked down. It felt as if he was suddenly sad at this question. "A week before you came in, she disappeared without a trace from this mansion."

"What do you mean by disappeared?" I asked.

"Well I remember the last day she came in, she said that it's finally time for her to leave this place. Its actual owner will be here soon. He asked me to take care of the actual owner when she arrives." His words amazed me.

"That means you really didn't know me?" He shook his head. "then how did you greet me when I came in?" I was confused to the core. If he never knew how I really looked, then how did he trust me?

"My heart knew immediately that it was you." I blushed at his words. He said such a romantic thing but in such a straightforward manner. I covered my mouth to hide my shock. "What are you saying? What do you mean by your heart told you?"