Shards of Doubt

Arjun's POV

"He just looked a lot like me ex." I could see the discomfort Sunaina was having when she mentioned the word "ex". I involuntarily clenched my fists hard. These foreign feelings of mine were getting out of hand. I could see that she didn't want to talk about it but I just couldn't let this go. My mind wandered off to what happened in my office today.

(5 hours ago)
Arjun's office:

I was ready in my conference room with all the necessary documents required. The CEO of Singhania industries will be coming today. We have an important contract to sign today. I have been trying to crack this deal for months. Working late to finish the quotes and preparing my staff for the presentation. The hard work has finally paid off. I knew that this deal could change a lot for my company and I was glad to have received it. Today, we are supposed to have a final walkthrough of the terms and conditions and then it will be all settled.

The meeting time was 2:00 PM but I was already present there before time. I looked at the clock and realised I have more than an hour. I swiped through the papers once again to have a quick glance one last time. Everything needs to be flawless. The CEO seems to be an domineering person. It is said that no one has ever seen him from up front. I recalled all the rumors that I have heard about him in recent social gatherings.

"No one knows where he came from."

"I think he killed off all the members of the Singhania family."

"Did you know he bought Singhania industries by getting hidden treasures?"

"I think all this is a facade. Maybe he is a mafia."

All those comments make me wonder more about this person. Is he really dangerous? I just hope everything goes well. This deal is way too important for me. I was lost in my thoughts when I heard a knock at my door.

"Come in" I said and found Mr Bharadwaj getting inside the conference room.

"Sir Mr Singhania is here."

"Let him in." He bowed and went out again. After a while, a man dressed in a velvety red suit entered inside the conference room. He had his square framed specs on. His features were  clearly sharp that was complimented by his cream white colored shirt. His faintly visible stubble was adding more of a fierce look that topped it off with his gelled hair.

"Hey. Karan Singhania." He smiled and put forward his hand towards me for a handshake.

I felt as if I have seen him somewhere and that's when it struck me. He was with Sunaina on the day of her interview. That pricked my interest. I brought my hand towards his and shook them courteously.

"Arjun Saxena. It's a pleasure to meet you."

"The pleasure is all mine. I was looking forward to work with your company from a long time." He sat down while saying those words. I followed him and sat on my chair right after him.

"The feelings are mutual. I have heard a lot about your company and was really eager to work with you." He gave me a casual smile and then he said.

"Shall we start with the procedures?"

"Yes. Absolutely!" With that being said, I started telling him about all the clauses and terms and conditions before he signs those papers.

"Well Mr Saxena, the paperwork looks good. I think we are ready to sign." His words make me puff up my chest in pride. I knew how hard it was for me to work for nights and complete everything. I made sure that I had special care towards this contract. Karan finally signed those papers and returned the file to me.