Valentine's day Special: Promise

[Hello everyone!! Since valentine's week is just around the corner. I thought of writing something romantic for all my readers. Well this chapter is all together no way linked to the next chapter or the chapters following it. So if you are not so much into romance, you might as well skip this chapter and wait for the next update. Don't worry it will be done soon as well. I am writing this because in the upcoming chapters, I may or may not be able to write a lot of romance for the couple. Do let me know what do you think in the comments.]

Sunaina's POV

I looked around in fear and embarrassment. I didn't want anybody to witness Arjun carrying me in his arms. Fortunately, Preeti has not come upstairs yet and the sole witness of this scene was just the stars that decorated the night clear sky. I looked up at him only to be amazed by his side profile. The moonlight glistens his face as if it is a polished diamond. I could feel his biceps as they wrapped themselves around my waist lifting me up in the air. Was I dreaming? That one person whom I loved for so long was carrying me in my arms? This is the first time someone did something so romantic for me. My cheeks were flushed at this new found sensation. Deep in my heart, I wanted to be in his arms forever.

"Please put me down." I mumbled in a low voice.

"But I feel you are enjoying me carrying you in my arms." Arjun gave me his all-so-sexy smirk.

"No I don't! What's with you! Since when did you become so sneaky?"

"Since the day I realised I just cannot let you go." His words made my heart race at an uncontrolled speed. Is he really that boy who used to be so rude to me? Am I dreaming? Seeing me lost in my own thoughts, Arjun cleared his throat again. "You are not allowed to think of anything else while you are with me!" I blushed harder.

"Damn! You are hell cheesy. You weren't like this in the book at all."

"Did the book Arjun had a girlfriend? No right?"

"Now put me down. I am heavy! You will hurt yourself."

"I agree that you are heavy! You need to cut out on your carbs!" Saying this he laughed and twirled me around still carrying me like a bride.

"Arjun...." I whispered again. "Put me down please."

"On one condition."

"What?"

"Sit beside me under this star studded night and tell me about yourself."

"Myself?"

"Mhm." My heart melted at his words. Was he always so sweet and thoughtful. I let out a smile and nodded playfully. "Ok your highness. Your wish is my command." He put me down slowly but didn't let go of me. Wrapping his arms around my waist, he stared at me playfully. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he raised his eyebrows.

"Don't do all this... I might as well take you down today itself. I don't care if I just confessed." His words brought a shiver down my spine. My face was heating up and I lowered my head in embarrassment. "You...you are teasing me."

"That's my favourite job actually."

"Huh! Mr smart ass. I will not tell you anything. I am going bye." I was about to go towards the staircase when Arjun pulled me by my hand and I bumped into his chest again. "I said I am never letting you go." Surprised, I looked at him and his gaze at me was serious and intense. "You are such a player." I blushed and rested my head on top of his chest. It felt so warm and buff.

"Sunaina..." He whispered slowly in front of my ears.

"Mhm?"

"Can you tell me about yourself? Everything. Your family, your friends, your life in the real world... I wanna know everything." I looked at him with awe. No one has ever asked me something like that.