Hold Onto Me

Arjun's POV

"Arjun...either she will handle this project or we are off." What the hell is he saying. I looked at Sunaina and she looked shocked as well.

"What do you mean Mr Singhania?" I still had to maintain my calm demeanor as I didn't want to lose this deal.

"Am I not understandable?" Karan raised his eyebrows and continued. "I want her to work in my project." What the hell! How can someone stand here and talk to my employee like this that too someone who has joined in and why her?! This is so weird. I don't understand but honestly I have to make sure that Sunaina doesn't join his project.

"Why her Mr Singhania?"

"It's either her or no one." His voice sounded bratty.

"I am sorry Mr Singhania, but that is not possible at the moment. Plus she is a new employee, she isn't a fit for your project." I was firm on my decision. Something about this guy felt so off and I didn't want Sunaina to be anywhere near him. Why is he so hell bent on taking Sunaina in his project?

"So you are not afraid of losing the deal?" I saw a smug smile pasted all over Karan's face. To be honest, he was triggering my dark side. I wanted to pick him up by his collar and throw him off outside my office. I looked at Mr Bharadwaj and Sunaina. Both of their faces had clear signs of confusion and helplessness. As a CEO, I never felt this much helpless. I can't even protect my own employees. I was confused thinking what to do when suddenly I heard Sunaina's firm voice.

"Mr Singhania, I am glad that you are thinking me to be competent enough to handle your project. But I am still a trainee. I still have a lot to learn and I feel that someone experienced can handle your project well." She was calm and composed as she clearly articulated her piece of mind to Karan. I saw the smile wiping off from Karan's face. That kind of brought a satisfaction inside of me. I was glad Sunaina spoke the necessary. Wait...why am I glad that Sunaina didn't take up the project. Why am I acting like an insecure kid? Why did I internally heaving a sigh of relief when Sunaina said that?

"I will still insist on working with you. I feel that you have the zeal to handle this project else this deal is off!" His words shocked me again. "I am willing to pay you back the compensation amount but that's it. That's my final decision." He was hell bent on what he wanted.

"Mr Singhania, please give us some time. We will give you an answer within two days." Mr Bharadwaj chimed in to my rescue.

"You better give me a positive answer." He smirked and left the room. I looked at Mr Bharadwaj with grateful eyes. He was always like this standing as my shield when I need it the most.

"Thank you." Was all I could say with a smile.

"Sir I think Sunaina should take up the project if Mr. Singhania wants it." I heard Sunaina gasping. Mr Bharadwaj ignored that and continued speaking,

"She might be new but now we can't afford to make such an important client angry." I couldn't help but agree to whatever he was saying. Right now we need him as much as he needs us. Maybe more but not less.

"Let me think about it for a while. You may go for now." I finally gave in. Mr Bharadwaj and Sunaina were both leaving the room when I called her back in.

"Ms Mehra, I need to talk to you. Please stay back." She turned towards me and I could see her eyes questioning me. Is it just me or her eyes remind me of the calm sea where I would wanna lose myself? Somehow being near her makes me wanna smile, laugh and enjoy. I thought I was void of these feelings but what Sunaina does to me? I don't understand.

"Sir is there anything you want?" Her soothing voice broke my reverie.

"Yeah...yeah...yeah." Does my vocabulary go dry when she comes in front of me?