Light to your Birth

Sunaina's POV

Ever since the engagement was announced, the press and media have thrown all their concentration upon us. It gives me very less opportunity to get a bit of free time now.

"Ma'am how did you and Arjun meet?"

"Did you fall in love in the office?"

"Are you guys intimate yet?"

Ugh!! So many questions. I really felt so nauseating there and what on earth did they mean by asking me about intimacy. My eyebrows twitched remembering the intimidating questions placed by the press. I didn't expect this at all. Guess that's what happens when you are in love with a prince huh?

"Gullu..." I heard a knock on the door followed by Preeti's voice. "Why are you spacing out again?" She asked me pinching my cheeks.

"Nothing. Its just the media. They asked some really uncomfortable questions." I sighed.

"Uff! There you go again. Comeon forget about all this. Its your big day today!! You are about to be engaged." Her words brought me back to reality. That's right. I am going to be engaged today- with the man of my dreams. I looked back at Preeti and found a beautiful peacock blue coloured lehenga in her hands. I was staring at it and Preeti seems to have noticed it.

"This is your engagement lehenga. Isn't the colour beautiful? Our jija ji(Mr brother in law) picked it for you. The term "jija ji" coming from her mouth made my cheeks go deep pink. I unfolded the lehenga and was in awe looking at the intricate designs. It was neither too showy nor too plain. The blue coloured sequins studded the whole attired while the odhani(veil) looked as if it was painted in the color of the sea. The top of the lehenga didn't have that much of a deep cut- just the way I like it. I couldn't take my eyes off it.

"Its beautiful..." I smiled.

"Well ofcourse it is. My bride has to catch everyone's attention tonight. Its her day afterall." Both of us turned around to find Arjun standing in front my room with his arms crossed. I looked at him in surprise.

"What are you doing here?"

"Checking out my bride to be...what else do you think I am here for?" He was getting shameless day by day.

"You really don't have any etiquettes of a prince you know that?" I teased him.

"What can I do? A commoner stole my heart." He winked back mumming me all over again.

"Congratulations brother in law, you guys are not even married and you were able to shut her off." Preeti giggled and I glared at her.

"I can shut her off in more ways you know." He winked back making my cheeks heat up again. "You... you...you are too much. Now go away! Shoo shoo! I have to get ready." I started pushing him away.

"Ok Ok. I will be off then." He was about to leave the room when he stopped in his tracks and turned around at me once again.

"The sea is where I found you. So I brought a cloak of waves for you to wear." He gave a smile of his that made my heart all fuzzy and warm. How does he do that? He makes me go vulnerable towards his smile and words. I can't with this guy to be very honest. I smiled at him when Preeti chimed in. "Okay love birds!! Enough with all the romance. Brother in law, if you want your bride to be there for the engagement, then leave the room now."

"Okay okay! As you say. Bye." He left my room leaving me in Preeti's hands to do my make up and doll me up.

"Okay so first you go and wear the lehenga. While I prepare everything to make you look perfect tonight." She smiled.