Ray of Light

Sunaina's POV

"I do not belong here. This is a world of fiction." My words seems to have shaken the very core of Gayathri Devi.

"What do you mean?" She tried to understand my words.

"Look...I know this will sound crazy but whatever I am saying to you is the truth." I enunciated each word very slowly so that she can get the grip on the things I am trying to explain her. "Basically you guys belong to a book. Like you are the characters of my favourite novel."

"Your favourite novel?" Her voice clearly showed her disbelief.

"Umm...how should I explain it?" I was running out of sentences. Probably it wasn't a very good idea to spill the truth to her now but the damage is already done. I have to say it to her. "Well... actually... I can't explain much in detail but from what I understood is that, this is the world of the book 'Waking up with you'. More like...ahem....an extended version." Hearing my own words, I felt like a maniac.

"What rubbish?" Gayathri Devi stood up from her chair. Somehow I was ready for this yet it still felt scary. I tried to blink back the tears that has made its way out in front.

"I know...it is unbelievable. But please understand that I am not lying to you." I almost was kneeling down begging to her. "I don't know how this happened either. According to the book, the story ended, with Mansi and Abhay getting married. But then I got sucked in here somehow and then I met Arjun and then I got here and I really don't know..."

"Enough!!" Gayathri Devi now raised her palm at me. It was really a very scary moment. I never saw this kind of rage from her side. She was always very calm and composed but what I told her is enough to piss even a saint. I started to shiver as her eyes were glaring at me as if trying to understand if I am lying or not.

"I don't a believe a word you said." She declared.

"But it's true." I tried my best to explain her. "I really don't know how to explain it to you but you have to believe in me."

"Prove it to me." I heard her voice booming at me.

"What?"

"Prove that this is a world of fiction."

"Well...I don't know if I can prove that. But I can definitely prove it to you that I know everything about this. Something that not even outsiders know." Gayathri Devi seems to have gotten alerted at my words.

"Speak." She commanded.

I took a deep breath and began speaking.

"Abhay and Mansi were in love since they were kids but Mansi never admitted it since she was an orphan."

"Everyone can understand that. That's not a fact that's a plain logical statement." It turned out to be harder than I thought.

"Abhay fell down from a tree when he was a little boy and you picked him up and took him to the hospital yourself."

"That is something even the house maids can inform you of."

It was clear that she didn't want to believe me. I know it's hard for her to do that but I still can't give up. Not yet.

"Arjun wasn't given anything from his father. He wanted him to stand up on his own so that he can learn to be successful himself and also because the second son is not allowed to inherit anything according to your royal family rules." On hearing this, Gayathri Devi's eyes seemed to bulge out at any moment. She slumped down on the chair. I went close to her and sat down on my knee. Trying my best to calm her down.

"How did you?" I didn't let her complete the rest of the sentence.

"Because I have read about you all for almost 4 years." I sighed.