Tied to You

Narrator's POV

Finally everything is going the way as the couple wanted it to be- they are finally about to get married. The news struck Sunaina like an unbelievable dream while Arjun? He seems to have lost all sleep. It looked as if he wanted to tie her down to himself as soon as possible. The day Sunaina returned home, they fixed the schedules for their Sangeet and marriage which will be followed by a reception as well. It seemed that while Sunaina was unconscious, Arjun had kept everything ready believing that his bride will come back to him. She was warmly welcomed by the Saxena's where Mansi took full responsibility to tend to her medicinal needs. Abhay was made in charge of sending off the invites to every posche family alive including Karan Singhania- the only heir to the Singhania industries. While Gayathri Devi was deciding on the menus and decors, Arjun took Preeti with him to get the best lehengas for Sunaina. As expected of Sunaina's best friend, Arjun got the lehenga that will bring a cute smile on her wife to be's face.

(Day of the Sangeet)
(Arjun's POV)

I looked at myself in the mirror for one last time before going down. The golden turban studded with pearls complimented the maroon colored sherwani that I have worn for this day. The dhoti was also golden in color which overall gave me a royal look all over.

"My brother is looking like a perfect king already!" Abhay patted on my shoulder and smiled.

"No bhai, you are the real king. I don't want all this. I am just happy to have you, Maa, Mansi, Sunaina and others."

"Aru...I actually knew you liked Mansi long back. Even before I admitted my feelings to her." Abhay lowered his head in embarrassment. "I am really sorry. I had no intention of stealing her away from you but I know I did just that."

"Bhai" Arjun smiled softly. "What I felt for her was never that kind of love. I realised this after I met Sunaina. She taught me the truest form of love without even trying. I am really happy that Mansi chose you else I wouldn't have found my Sunaina." Abhay smiled at me. He must be thinking that his little brother has all grown up. We had a few more exchanges before Maa entered inside our room.

"Beta (son)! it's time for us to come down." I nodded and we all went down to greet that guests. The moment I came downstairs, my eyes scanned for only one person in that crowd and I found her without much difficulty. Today her beauty was radiating the entire hallway. Her deep red lehenga showed her curves perfectly and surged in me a desire to conquer her there itself. The pallu of her lehenga pinned to her shoulders completely while the mehendi (henna) on her hands has transformed into a deep crimson brown color. I got lost in her beauty and my eyes scanned her from head to toe. From the golden mangtika that was dangling all over her forehead to that nose ring that was hanging from her nose and tied to her side. She was showing off her palms to Mansi while my eyes were stuck on those five letters that had marked my position in hers- my name in her hand. My eyes seemed to have lost all shame for they only concentrated at Sunaina. Soon our eyes met and Sunaina gave me the simplest smile that made my heart race like a horse whose feet are on fire. Soon we sat down together on a royal seat and Mansi began dancing commencing the events of this Sangeet.

As the night turned darker, we got dance performances by Mansi and Abhay, Preeti and various friends of mine. But my patience was running thin. I wanted to pull her closer to mine. That's when I started playing with her latkans from behind so that no one can see my mischief from behind. I looked at her to check her reaction and to my surprise, my little daredevil had lowered her head in embarrassment. I wanted to tease her more but then Mansi called out to us as it was our turn to dance. I looked at her mischievously and held out my hand towards her.

"Shall we dance?" I asked her flirtatiously.

"Sure" she smiled back and caught hold of my hand. The next thing I knew is that her hands were on my shoulders and my hands were on my waist.