High Time

Sunaina's POV

"Do you really want to be with me?" My ears still refusing to process everything that has happened.

"Yes Sunaina...I want to spent the rest of my life with you." Those blue eyes of Arjun were warm. It was hard for me to think that those warm eyes doted someone like me. No matter how much happy I was at the moment, I knew that we are about to split some day- either it's because of the attacker or when this story will reach its climax.

"You know all along that I won't be able to live here forever right?" I asked him slowly trying to enunciate every word properly for him to understand.

"Can't you just stay?" His eyes were moist. Was he scared of losing me? I held onto his hand and looked at him.

"No matter how tempting that offer seems to me, I can't stay here forever. I have a family to take care of." My eyes were getting wet as I started to open up to him. "They need me. I can't be selfish." Suddenly, his words reminded me of my parents whom I haven't seen for such a long time. I knew that the time was paused in my world, but I can't keep them like this forever. I have a home to return to. Arjun seemed to have quietened at my words. Its very normal for him to react like this. I was about to hold on to his hand again when I heard someone speak in front of us.

"Young madam and master, Our milady is getting worried about you two." I looked at Preeti's butler who was standing there. His face didn't show any expression at all. That's a common trait of butlers I guess. "Its already very cold out here. Please come down." He said those words and left for downstairs again. I looked at Arjun and our eyes met. His gaze on me was taking my breathe away.

"I think we should get down." I said trying to ease the situation.

"Hmm. Let's go." He stood up beside me and looked at me for one last time. Not understandin what to say, I decided to go downstairs. I was about step down on the stairs when I heard him say.

"I don't care." I turned around and looked at him. My silence was enough to show that I wanted to know what he meant.

"Even if you don't stay forever...let's just stay till you are supposed to stay for." His words took me aback.

"What do you mean Arjun?"

"Let's get married and stay till you can return to your home. Atleast, I will get the happiest time of my life. Let's just do whatever we can until you have to leave." His genuine voice was resonating through my ear drums. "Let's get married, go on dates. Go to parties as a couple. Let's wear couple rings."

"But what will happen once I leave? Arjun you are not thinking this throug-"

"I AM THINKING THIS THROUGH" Arjun shouted.
"But Sunaina, being with you is something that I want to do now."

"And what are you supposed to do once I am no more here? Do you know how badly you will be mocked by the paparazzi? Do you know how many times, the reporter will try to slander both you and me. Worse...no one will be willing to be married to you again. Also if we get married and I leave after that, how on earth will you cope up?"

"I will wait for you." His words surprised me once again. This time, Arjun came closer to me and gave me a tight hug.

"My heart says that we belong to each other. Whether in this world or that world, you will find your way back to me. I am sure of it."

"So you will wait?" He nodded in reply.

"Even when you know that there's a chance that I might never return?" He nodded again.

"You are mad." I hugged him back.

"Correction! It should be madly in love with the prettiest girl." I smiled at his sweet words and hugged him once again. I wrapped my hands around his elbow and we both went downstairs. I was happy. I didn't know how long will this happiness last but I wanted to enjoy this moment as long as it will stay.