You are my Saviour

Arjun's POV

I opened my eyes on hearing the faint footsteps walking towards me. I recalled how Sunaina left my room to handle some private matter of hers. Moments after she left, the nurses brought my dinner and then I didn't even realise when on earth I actually dozed off. My vision was still blurry but I was able to make out that a well built man in his oversized lab coat was about to inject something inside my saline.

Must be some daily. I thought to myself. I was about to close my eyes again when I suddenly heard a familiar voice shouting at the doctor.

"No one can hurt him! Not until I am alive." My vision got clearer and I saw a fiery yet scared Sunaina. The next thing I saw was that when the doctor turned around at her, Sunaina was all ready in a fighting stance. What is going on? Why is she acting like this? She does know that he is a doctor right? My mind was getting confused. I tried to get up when suddenly, the man spoke. "It's useless kid. The sedatives are too strong for you." Sedatives? I wasn't prescribed any sedatives. What's going on? A part of me was not able to understand what was going on while another part of me was whispering inside my ear.

He is trying to kill you...

Before, I could react towards anything, I heard Sunaina's "kyaaaaah" all over the room. I was in time just to see how she knocked the heck out of this doctor with just one round kick. Sunaina was wearing flats but that didn't hinder her in any way while she moved her right leg round in a circle just to gain a momentum before finally thrashing the doctor out for good. I looked at the doctor and there he stood lying unconscious. My mind was about to burst when Sunaina came towards me and hugged me tightly. My chest was getting all wet with her tears but I didn't hate it. I never realised how satisfying it might seem to see someone cry over me.

"Oh thank God you are alright!" She spoke in between her sobs. "If I wouldn't have been able to save you this time. What would I have ever done?" Saying this she started to cry again.

"What would have happened to me?" I said feebly. Probably the sedatives are really affecting me badly. I touched her cheeks gently and tried rubbing off her already overflowing tears. This girl...a moment ago she gave kick to knock a man out and the very next moment I see her crying over me. Just what are you Sunaina.

"I have you by my side. Nothing will ever happen to me." I smiled at her. Just then a girl entered the room followed by a few men in police uniform.

"Officer arrest him." The unfamiliar girl commanded. "He tried to kill the second prince." Sunaina was smiling at her. Were they close?

"Yes ma'am." The men took the syringe and the man away and left the room.

"Who....who are you? Why did the police capture the doctor?" I asked that unfamiliar lady. She looked at Sunaina twice and then taking a deep breath, she finally spoke.

"I am Sunaina's best friend Preeti Roy. Nice to meet you Arjun." I smiled at her and she returned the smile with a nod. " And regarding the man...we suspect that the man came into your room dressed as a doctor to kill you. Her words gave me a clearer picture of what was going on. That's why ever since that day, Sunaina didn't leave my side. She was afraid that I might be killed. My eyes turned to Sunaina and gave her a warm gaze. She was my saviour. Be it from my loneliness or from my dangers, she always stood in front of me. I wanted to keep her to myself and wished that I could protect her too. Thinking about all this, I recalled the kick that she did a few moments ago. Nah! She doesn't need protection. She is strong enough to handle herself. Preeti was looking at us with warm eyes too. I am glad her best friend is here with her. There was always an hint of loneliness in her eyes but today, I can't find a single trace of it. I am glad it is this way. "But...why is someone....trying to kill me?" Preeti was about to reply to that when suddenly my attending doctor entered inside.