Stay... Please

Sunaina's POV

It's been three days since we are in the hospital. The doctors said that the bullet has just escaped his heart and he is in a critical state. If matters get worse, he might fall into a coma. My feet went numb on hearing this. I couldn't help but blame myself for all this. If it wasn't for me then he wouldn't have been targeted.

"It's okay Sunaina. You should really go and take some rest." I looked at Karan who just brought a cup of coffee for me to drink. I looked at him teary eyed and shook my head in denial immediately. I looked around and found Abhay, Mansi and Gayathri Devi sitting on the side of the ICU. Tears were falling off Gayathri Devi's eyes which made me feel worse. I never expected this to happen to him. I still remember that dreadful night.

(3 days ago)

I left Preeti to take care of that killer and went ahead to be by his side.

"Suna...ina..." I pushed away the crowd and went down to hold his hand tightly. My fear to lose him has gotten stronger. Even under so much pain, his last words came out only to reassure me.

"Do...not worry....." He touched my cheeks that were already smeared with his blood. "I am not...easy....to....kill." saying this, he fell into an unconscious state.

"Arjun? Arjun you can hear me right?" Was all I could say to him.

"Please stop joking. It's not funny Arjun...you...you were trying to tell me something. Tell me...I won't interrupt you. But please talk." My eyes let go of all the tears, it had accumulated for so long. In front of someone I was in love with was lying down. How could this happen? How could I let my guard down? I knew his life was in danger. That was the sole reason, I was here. Then how he is in this state?

"Move it...move it...everyone. Don't crowd this place up!" I heard Karan push away the rest of the crowd.

"Sunaina! Sunaina!" He shook me back to reality and I looked at him with swollen eyes.

"Take him to the hospital. There's no time to delay. I have already called in an ambulance. They would be here soon." My mind wandered off the rest of his words. I seemed to be in a trance. Soon enough, Arjun was taken away in the ambulance and I went along with him. Sitting by side in the ambulance, I held his hand tightly. Karan was sitting right next to me. He looked at me apologetically.

"Sunaina...I will get to the root of this. I promise." Everything seems to be falling deaf on my ears. My eyes only fixed on the unconscious Arjun.

If something happens to him, I will never be able to forgive myself.

We reached inside the hospital and he was immediately taken inside the operation theatre. "Who's from his family?" The doctor asked. I raised my hand and the doctor asked me to fill out some forms while they start with the procedure. I did as I was asked to do and then all I could do was just wait. Karan seems to have already informed Abhay and they also reached the hospital an hour later. Mine and Gayathri Devi's eyes met a few times and I was too ashamed to face her. I couldn't protect her son despite promising to do so. Preeti along with her butler joined me the next day. Her hug let out those sealed tears again.

"Gullu...go and atleast eat something please. You have not eaten anything since morning." Her voice clearly displayed worry.

"You are her friend right?" Karan interrupted her. She looked at him and nodded.

"Please ask her to put something in her mouth. She hasn't eaten anything since yesterday." Preeti heard his words and looked at me with concern.

"I am not hungry." My voice seemed like a whisper now. "Let him wake up. We can eat then."