Chanced Encounter?

Sunaina's POV

I stopped in my tracks the moment I saw Nikhil. His demeanor hasn't changed. Even though I am seeing him after such a long time, nothing about him seems to have changed. But how on earth did he come here. I have to know. Without any delay, I ran towards him.

"Hey! Nikhil!" I called him out but I received no answer. Yes I get that you are my ex and you are gonna ignore me here too but hey! This is the fictional world. Ugh. I call him again.

"Nikhil!!" I shouted and tapped on his shoulder. He turned around and witnessed those same golden brown eyes. He gave me the same intimidating stare which reminded me of the time we were in a relationship. He hasn't changed much after the break up. He still slaying in his maroon coloured suit topped with sky blue shirt. He raised his eyebrows and looked at me questioningly. The next words that he said shocked me to the core.

"Hey! Umm...you must have got the wrong guy. My name is Karan." What?! He literally just denied that he knows me? To top it all, his words seem so genuine।

"I am sorry but did you mistook me for someone else?" Was he in his right mind?

"You aren't Nikhil?" I questioned back. He shook his head signifying that he is not. I lowered my head in embarassment. How is this possible? How did the author create a character that looks exactly like him.

"Sorry...I thought you were someone else." I was about to leave, when he called me again.

"Miss do you work here?" The question put me off guard. More so because, even his voice and style of pronouncing every word reminded me of Nikhil. How is this possible? Or am I just being paranoid? I realised that I haven't replied him yet. He was looking at me curiously.

"No. Actually I came in for an interview. I don't know the results yet." I smiled and tried to reply as normally as possible. It was becoming very difficult for me to process what is happening all at once.

"Ah! I see." He nodded in understanding. "If you don't get through. You can try out at our company." He smiled and handed me over a card. "This is my office address."

I took the card from his hand and looked at him.

'Karan Singhania'- It read. Turns out that he is the CEO of Singhania industries. I have heard a lot about this industry in the party a few days back at Gayathri palace. But why would a CEO be roaming around the premises of another company.

"Umm...thank you. Don't mind me asking but what's the CEO of Singhania industries doing in front of Conark industries office premises?" His lips seemed to have curled up in a smile. The same smile that he used to give me when I used to work with him and gave him innovative ideas.

"I actually stopped by to meet a friend." I couldn't question him more. He looked at his watch and then looked back at me. "It was nice talking to you. I hope we will meet again." Saying this, he left leaving me confused. I didn't know what to make out of this whole predicament. A part of me felt that something wasn't right. Yet a part of me wasn't able to understand what. I was still confused when I heard honking of a car. I looked at the other side to see Gayathri Devi's car blowing it's horns. I came towards the car and found her sitting at the back seat and looked at her in surprise.

"Come on! Get in dear." She said in her ever so calm voice. I nodded immediately and hopped in beside her.

"Aunty...what are you doing here?" I asked. Looking at her, I felt reassured. She has become a mother figure to me. While I miss my family in the real world, I can't help but realise that I am gonna miss her more once I have to leave all this and return to where I belong.