Your Eyes Tell

Sunaina's POV

I went downstairs and found myself surrounded by so many people. Everyone seems to be studded with diamonds. I looked around and the whole hall seems to be adorned with riches- both gold and silver. The chandelier seems to be adorned with diamonds and emeralds while the red carpets under my feet felt so soft. To be honest, all of this was making me anxious. I was a girl belonging to a middle class family. I felt out of place there. Suddenly everything seemed so grand in here. It was evident that I didn't fit in here at all.

"What's wrong my dear? I see you spacing out a lot." Coming to my senses, I realised Gayathri Devi was standing beside me all along. I have been spacing out so much here! She will definitely think I am a retard. In order to remove the awkwardness of the situation I gave her my best smile. She started introducing all the guests to me. Some of them belonged to IT hubs. While others had royal lineage in them. She introduced me as a distant relative of her family which made me all happy and giddy. I guess she did realise that I had no one in this world to call as my family.

"So Ms Sunaina right?" My attention turned towards one of the guests. He had a golden sherwani that seemed to be studded with buttons made out of gold. I courtly smiled back at him. "What do you do for a living?" That question literally caught me off guard. How should I reply? Does my company exists in this world? I couldn't think of anything and felt it's worth a shot.

"I worked as Senior Project Executive at Technowa Industries." I replied, not sure if he really believed me or not. It's not like I am lying though but it felt strange. He seemed to have bought it too well. We both started speaking about different softwares and different hubs of IT industry. This was something that I excelled in so it wasn't very difficult for me to maintain the conversation either. One thing led to another and he started talking about himself. From our conversation, I learnt that he is an investor in one of the top tier companies of this world. It seems to also have a partnership with Arjun's company. Hearing his name from someone else's lips, I blushed a little. Oh my poor naive heart! Gayathri Devi interrupted our conversation a while later and frankly speaking, I was relieved that she did so. This guy had an obnoxious nature with an extra dosage of attitude problem. She led me towards the bride and the groom.

Mansi and Abhay!!!!

I couldn't believe my eyes. I finally met the couple of the year. I looked at Mansi who was wearing a pink lehenga. Her curves were clearly visible through her dupatta. She was covered with royal jewellery but what attracted me were her facial features. She had a perfect pointed nose, her lips plump like those of rose petals. Her eyes had a different story to tell. They seemed to be deep in love- in love with the man standing beside her in a matching pink sherwani. He was well built like Arjun but what made him different was his indifference towards others. His hands were busy fondling Mansi's hair. He wore a turban that had the royal crest on it. Honestly, they looked beautiful together. I never realised it until today that a man can slay it so well in pink. Both of them bowed down and touched Gayathri Devi's feet while the later smiled at them and gave them her blessings. There were a lot of gifts surrounding them. It made me feel a bit sad because I didn't bring anything to gift them. I was looking around here and there and at a distance I found a garden of yellow roses. I smiled at this discovery of mine and ran towards my destination. Little did I know that someone was marking every movement of mine.

Arjun's POV

I looked at everybody downstairs. It all seemed to be a show of fashion and wealth. As if there was a contest going on here where only the richest will win. My eyes were continuously drifting towards Mansi. She looked ravishing in pink. Her voluminous hair was tied in a bun but that didn't stop her rebellious locks of hair coming out from the sides of her odhani (veil). I was envious of her mangteeka that seemed to be enjoying the touch of her forehead. Why the hell am I thinking like that! If we weren't surrounded by so many people, I would have slapped myself. Her eyes only had room for my bhai and there is nothing I can do about it. Bhai seemed so happy with her. He was the type to be usually cold and out of crowds but today, he was smiling brightly. He welcomed all the guests who came to greet her today. He looked so handsome and elegant like a real prince. On the other hand, I seemed so isolated. No one wanted me. No one cared for me. I took out a glass of wine and gulped it down. It felt hot in my throat but that was enough to divert me from the throbbing pain I was feeling in my heart. I missed the three of us together. I missed her games with me. Now the situation has changed. I know she now sees no one else but my brother. The day I pushed Bhai towards her, my heart broke into a million pieces. That was the day I had prepared my room with roses and candles. I intended to propose her that day. All was going according to my plans when suddenly bhai called me. He admitted to me that he had feelings for Mansi. It was as if thunder struck me. After I talked to him, I called Mansi. She was supposed to meet me today at my room to celebrate her birthday. That was when I had decided to propose her. She picked up my call. I still remember that conversation we had that evening.