The Challenge

Arjun's POV

"Sorry Maa... I don't think she is good enough to join in my company." I was hell bent on not adding a nuisance like her to my hard earned reputed company. Someone who can speak rubbish about anyone to other people is not to be trusted at all. There were a lot of other factors that made me decide the same. I turned my gaze at her to see her reaction. As expected, her face twitched- probably in anger. I must admit her unexpected expressions makes me want to tease her more. It's as if, making her life hell was a newfound hobby for me. Am I that much of a sadist? It's strange how this girl successfully brings out the devil hidden underneath me.

"Chhote you should atleast give her a chance. You never know someone until-"

I cut of my brother. I know he meant well but I don't want my decision to be altered this time.

"Until you give them a chance. Yes I know that bhai. I understand what you mean but I can't agree to you on hiring her." Seeing me so determined, bhai stopped pestering me. He had to understand this that I know what's the best for my company and it's definitely not her.

"Aru is no fun these days! Ugh! Since when did you become such a spoil sport?" I saw Mansi puff her cheeks. As usual adorable! Her antics still affected me a lot. I let the smile that came on seeing her subside and decided to stay mourn. I mean that's the best option for now I felt.

"Why do you think I am not suitable?" I raised my head this time to find Sunaina speak this. A worthy archenemy! I tried to hide the smirk that unknowingly crept up on my face. Her eyes threw fires at me and her lips were confident. I have never seen such confidence in anyone. The more I observe her, the more it makes me realise that she is from a well off family.

"Is that how you pick your employees? By just going with your bias? Not seeing the capacities but seeing their momentary flaws huh?" Her voice was booming in the room. This lady will drive me nuts for sure. I can feel that she was challenging me. Ready to take me down when the right moment comes. But I won't be going to let her win now am I?

"Do you have a degree with you that proves your worth as a software engineer?" I can she her determination falter.

"Do you have a proper cv to back you up?" It seemed to me that the realisation has dawned upon her.

"Do you have the certifications to prove that you have what it takes to be a good software Engineer." My lips curled up in a victorious smile. She slumped her shoulders in disappointment. She thought she could win over me with her tactics. I finished the rest of my meal silently. None of the other members at the table uttered a single world. They knew how I was about my company so I knew for sure that they won't bother me about it anymore. I finished my food and got up from the table.

"Thank you for the great breakfast Maa." I hugged my mother from behind and gave her a light kiss on her cheeks.

"Bye Bhai. Bye Mansi" I waved at my brother and Mansi.

"Call me bhabi you brat!" Snapped Mansi. Jeez, so much pissed for not letting Sunaina work at my company? I wonder what kind of magic this girl used to trick my fam. I gave a quick glance at her. She seemed to be sitting there in a stiff position- without flinching even for a second. Her curls were touching her earlobes and the sight was making me feel certain emotions that I have never felt before. I had to go away from there and it had to be now. I turned around to head out when suddenly I heard her from behind.

"Interview me." I turned around and saw her standing up from her seat this time.

"Tell me a date when you will take my interview. Throw your most difficult set of questions at me. If I answer even one question incorrectly, then you have the full right to reject me." My eyebrows shot up this time. It's gutsy of her to even try such a stunt. She is asking the CEO himself to interview her? Whenever we strike, I go through some unique emotions to be honest. I was intrigued and was curious to know how did she have such confidence to challenge me. I still remember those innocent eyes who were clueless as to who I was. Those eyes that had the ability to stand in front me with her head held high. I wanted to explore her more and I wanted to explore these unknown feelings of mine as well. I showed her a smirk clearly showing my playful attitude towards her.