Trapped

Sunaina's POV

"Arju....n....... Sa.....xeee....na?"

My head was reeling hearing the name of the person who was staring into me as if he was about to tear my soul apart. My clothes were so wet and all my mouth was salty. Probably because I gulped in sea water. But how on earth is that possible? I remember I closed my eye lids on my bed! Which was definitely not near any beach!! I looked around the people there, and found them staring at me as well. I suddenly started feeling so uncomfortable.

"So...are you going to stay here?" A deep husky voice made me turn towards him. Ah! He is as alluring as a prince. Those blue eyes reminded me of all the beautiful descriptions that was given about Arjun. Was he really that Arjun Saxena from 'Waking up with you'? The one who gave up being the best because of his brother? The one who despite being a cold person, tried his best to help his brother get the love of his life. His voice was never described in the book and now that I hear that honey toned yet husky voice. No! That must be my imaginative brain playing all random tricks. I mean how can a fictional character from a book walk and talk. Yet...I can't help but stare at him. He might feel that I am creepy but he seemed to be staring into mine as well.

"Are you mute? It's okay if you can just nod and respond to me."

I shook my head as vigorously as possible to give him the idea that I can speak. He raised his eyebrow and I swear to god, he looked fine! I mean that would be an understatement but whatever!

"I am fine. Thank you for saving me." I said softly.

"Ok then! I will be off. Please go home safely and do not wander off like this." His crisp words brought me back to reality. My parents! They would be worried sick for me. Also I haven't informed them anything. I must return. Lost in my thoughts, I realised that everyone along with Arjun disappeared. Without further delay, I ran towards one of the food venders.

"Bhaiya (brother) can you tell me the way to Oaklane?" The vender seems to be confused as if he heard the name of this place for the first time.

"Madam, I think you have got the place wrong. This is Pune, how can you get Oaklane here?"

That was enough to make me feel as if the whole world was slipping away from my feet. I lived in Kolkata. How can I be in Pune? How did I come here? What will my parents do? Oh god! They will be worried sick. What if my mom falls sick while worrying about me. I was shivering with fear. No no! There must be some mistake. Let me uber it! That's when the realisation dawned upon me.

I...don't have....my phone?!?

I searched everywhere, I didn't have my phone.

Great! Now I am phone-less, penniless and hopeless!!! God what the hell! Do you always find me to give a new set of troubles every week? Jokes apart, I need to find a way to go back to kolkata. But...how? I don't have that much money. Rather I don't have any money in this night suit. But I can't give up. I have to reach home somehow.

What should I do?

What should I do?

Eureka! I stared back at the sea. I was brought here through the sea. Maybe just maybe, I will be able to get back to my place through this sea itself. Without wasting anymore time, I decided to jump into the sea. I closed my eyes hard but nothing happened. To my disappointment, I was wetter now. Honestly I was damn scared now. The fact that I might not be able to meet my parents forever scared me to the core. What will be their first reaction when they will not find me on my bed today? What if the police is never able to find me either? I was no longer bothered by the fact that water droplets were dripping down from my hair. I was drenched in water and the weather was really becoming cold. I didn't realise where I was going due to those thoughts that worried me sick. It was after a while when I was snapped back to reality only to realise that I was standing in the middle of the street like a mad woman disrupting the traffic. The honking seems more audible now and I traced my steps back. It was then that I realised the bigger problems that I had to face now. Neither I had a job, nor I had anyone who knew me here. Was god giving me a chance to start afresh? No! That can't be it. How can I leave my parents alone? My head was so confused. It's frustrating to see myself like this. My head was throbbing in pain, when I felt something touch my feet. I looked below to see an orange was attacking me. I look at the direction of the orange to see a fallen bag of fruits. I decided to help the person by collecting the fruits for him or her. I collected them and packed them in the bag from which they fell. I stood up taking the package in my hands and handed it to the person standing in front of me.

"Thank you" The reciever sounded like a woman. I was still collecting all her things that have fallen on the ground.  From her voice, it seems that the age must have taken a toll on her for she seemed so weak. I lifted my gaze towards her and realised she was indeed an old woman. She was in her late 60's. Her white saree was draped perfectly all over her. Not a single fringe was visible.

"She must be royalty. Hehe!" I wondered.

What amazed me more were her eyes. Her eyes had a fire in them. She seemed like those characters in novels who can win anything and everything. I realised she was staring at me intently too but there was also a strange warmth in them. It was then that I remembered that I was drenched and was still in my night suit. She must be thinking I am some crazy lady. Feeling very embarrassed I finally finished helping her and was about to leave when I heard her saying.

"I am very grateful to you my dear." I turned around to see a sudden change in her. It seemed now as if I was speaking to a queen. To be honest, I was feeling very intimidated by her. More so because of the way I appeared now.

"No no! You don't need to be grateful, I was really glad that I could be of some help to you." I was really having a hard time forming my words because of her stern gaze.

"I want to help you back as well."  It was her turn to surprise me. "Please come to my house and get changed. You must have been like this for a long time. You will catch a cold my dear" She was right. But should I? I mean I don't know if it's okay or not. Not that I know anyone here. Feeling that I do not have any other options, I decided to go along with her.

We went in her car. It was a black limousine which honestly was made me surprised. Initially seeing the car, I really didn't want to get inside it because there was a probability that I might dirty it. She probably understood what I was thinking about and assured me.

"The seats are washed everyday. You don't need to worry." I smiled at her and hopped in immediately.

"I am Gayathri Devi. I went out today to get some fruits for myself." She introduced herself. Hmm, Gayathri Devi? Why does the name sounds so familiar.

"I am Sunaina" I introduced myself still trying to remember where I heard this name. All through the journey, we were talking about various things. From politics to different books. It seems that she was quiet knowledgeable but only till the year 2013. Why so? Or was I thinking too much.

Finally we reached her house. The moment I looked at the house, my jaws dropped. House? I should say it's a mansion. Now that I look at it clearly, it seems more like a miniature castle. The mansion was white in colour with golden pillars. The stairs that led us inside was covered by a red silk carpet. I was really amazed to see the whole exterior of this place. As I went inside the house, I saw fifty butlers standing in front of the entrance most probably waiting to greet their mistress- Gayathri Devi. After she entered, she dispersed all the servants with a wave of her palm. It would be an understatement if I say I was amazed. She had completely changed. She was no more the feeble weak lady whose groceries I had collected. She was a royalty! No...she was a Queen!! She clapped her hands and I saw two maids running down towards her. Prepare a bath for this lady and prepare her for tonight's banquet.

"What?" I asked her feeling confused.

"Oh! I didn't tell you right?" Her words made me more confused. It's my first son Abhay and my daughter in law Mansi's reception. They just got married a few days back." My eyes went wide. The things became clearer to me now. The reason why I thought the name Gayathri Devi was really familiar because she was THE GREAT GAYATHRI DEVI, the queen of the royal legacy and Abhay and Arjun Saxena's mother!!!

Does that mean I was trapped inside the book, 'Waking up with you'?

Hey! Finally I was able to post the second chapter. I was really glad that my friends encouraged me to write something in a while.

Special thanks to PragyaDey for encouraging me to do so more. This book is because of your encouragement all together.