Is it true?

Author's POV

A man got out of his car and entered the Singhania mansion. While entering, he was greeted by a few men in black robes identical to those whom Sunaina had seen before. He motioned his index finger making all of them disperse into the darkness. The hallways and the rooms were dark but that didn't create any problems for him to walk by. He went past a few rooms before coming in front of the master bedroom. A smirk clearly evident on his face. He turned the doorknob and entered inside. He looked around and everything was in perfect condition- just the way he wanted it to be. Beside the bookshelf, a man was tied down on a chair and seemed to be gagged painfully. The man noticed him carefully. His hands and legs tied down on the hands and legs of the chair. He seems to be sitting there for quite some time and probably fell asleep. The man standing in front of him took a glass of water in his hand and threw the water on the man on the chair. Startled, he woke breathless. It was Karan Singhania. Once conscious and aware of what was going around him, he tried to break free off the ties but all in vain. How long was he tied in here? 1 day? 1 week? 1 month? He had no idea whatsoever. All he knows that his parents and other family members have been killed off by this guy who was standing in front of him. He now pulled the gag out of his mouth.

"You aren't doing the right thing!" Karan shouted at him still trying to break free of the ties.

"Oh really? I think I am doing just fine." It was too dark for Karan to see his face but he could hear the smug confidence in his voice.

"You will be caught soon!" Karan spatted. "And when that will happen, I will be the first one to kick you."

"Don't worry..." His voice boomed throughout. "You won't be living for that long to see me get caught." His last sentence sent a chill down Karan's spine. Will he have to die as well? The man gagged him back and left his room.

"Lock this door down. Make sure that he doesn't escape anyhow." He instructed two of his trusted men and left.

After walking for quite some time, he came in front of another door. He entered inside to what seemed like a control room. The room was filled with monitoring screens and each monitor showed a different area. The man sat in front of those screens and zoomed into one of those monitors. It displayed an injured Arjun lying on the hospital bed holding Sunaina's hand tightly. His eyebrows twitched in displeasure at the scene. In anger, he threw away the glass of water. The shards of glass falling on different directions making a loud noise. He turned his attention back to the screen only to notice Sunaina's eyes that were filled with love and tears.

"Those eyes belong to me and solely me." He said touching on her face through the screen.

"It's time to take back what's rightfully mine." Saying this, he started to laugh hysterically that echoed throughout the Singhania house.

Sunaina's POV

"Oh thank God you are alright!" My tears knew no bounds flowing through my cheeks and falling on his face fingers as he intertwine them with mine. He smiled at me weakly touching my wet cheeks and caressing them slowly.

"I...m....f...ine....." These were his last words before he became unconscious again. I was shaking with fear while Gayathri Devi called in the doctors.

"Please leave the room immediately." I came to my senses when the doctor told all of us to leave. I gave one last look at the unconscious Arjun and left the room following Gayathri Devi while Mansi and Abhay followed my trail behind. We all sat down in front of the ICU again waiting for the doctor. Mansi came near me and hugged me tightly. After an hour or so, I saw Preeti entering the hospital with her butler again. She sat beside me and didn't say a word. Instead, she allowed me to wriggle myself on her lap. She didn't speak anything and patted on my head slowly yet steadily. I missed her so much. Getting such care from her reminded me how lonely I was in here. Even Gayathri Devi who gave me so much love has turned her back against me. I sighed heavily thinking about all this. But she isn't wrong. All this is my fault. I am the reason why such a disbalance has occured in his life. He wouldn't have been lying here in the hospital if not for me. Thinking about all this, the tears started to flow out of my eyes again when the suddenly the doctor came out of the ICU. I stood up and went to him immediately, Preeti holding my hand tightly and giving me strength.