Chapter 1: Discovered

Y/N walked up the stairs of her apartment complex, flipping through the mail that she grabbed on her way up. She scanned each envelope quickly, flipping past all of the bills and "adult" things her parents received. Y/N never normally received mail, but always felt the need to scan through it, just in case.

"Hey honey, how was school?" She heard her mother ask, as she opened the door into her apartment.

"Good." She responded, setting the mail on the kitchen table.

This whole process was only a small portion of Y/N's school week routine.

Wake up, go to school, come home, do homework, and repeat.

Of course she had the time filler hobbies, like reading or watching movies. And on the occasion she would go out with friends and family.

But other than that, nothing too out of the ordinary.

That is of course, aside from the freak science experiment accident she was involved in a year ago that caused her to attain super natural abilities.

Well, she was more or less "involved." It was more like, she went on a school field trip to a laboratory.

And rather than keeping her distance, like the rest of the students, she really felt the need to be a smart ass and get a little too close for comfort.

Thus exposing her to the after shocks of the explosion. Which then led to her waking up the next morning discovering something wrong with molecular structure.

The next year following that incident, Y/N has been living with these after effects, and learning how to maintain them.

Aside from the circumstances, Y/N lived a very normal life.

"Y/N, you've got some mail today"

Y/N returned back from her day dreaming and looked over to her mother, who was standing by her door, with a blank manila envelope, labeled with Y/N name, in her hand.

Y/N curiously took it from her mom,

"Weird, I never get mail" She chuckled to herself, rethinking how pathetic it must've sounded, never having received mail.

She thanked her mom, and was left alone in her room once again.

Not thinking much of it, she opened up the envelope.

She observed the first document and read allowed the subject line,

"Stark Industries Internship Opportunity"

Author's Note: I haven't written a fanfiction in like... maybe 6 years? So if my writing is trash, I apologize. And I apologize if any of my knowledge in reference to the MCU is inaccurate, for my knowledge is only from having seen the movies a few times.