Chapter 14: More Secrets

"Ok so I'll be able to take the exam in advance?" Y/N asked her teacher.

"Yes, just come before class, or during your lunch period." She responded.

Y/N thanked her teacher before making her way out of the classroom.

She walked down the empty hallways, on her way back to the cafeteria to meet up with Ned and Peter again.

As she entered the opening that led to the cafeteria, she peeked in, seeing that they weren't sitting in their usual spot anymore.

She peered around and saw that MJ was sitting by herself, and she decided to go join her.

Y/N and MJ had a few classes together.

MJ's eyes drew up to Y/N, watching her sit across from her.

"Hey" Y/N greeted.

A smirk grew across MJ's face, "hey Y/N/" she said sitting up.

Meanwhile, Peter and Ned were still sitting in the boys bathroom, after Peter finally admitted to having feelings for her.

"I don't want to like her, I know she has a boyfriend." Peter said still pinching the bridge of his nose.

"But was MJ right? If she didn't have a boyfriend, would you go for it?" Ned questioned.

Peter sat silent for a bit, really thinking about it.

The thought of Y/N not having a boyfriend was heavenly to him.

If only it were reality.

But even so, would he actually go for it?

Him and Y/N were already such good friends, and their friendship just seemed to be so perfect.

What if she didn't feel the same way? Then it would ruin their friendship, and things wouldn't be the same.

"I don't know dude, but it doesn't matter because that isn't reality." He responded firmly.

"alright alright." Ned said trying to calm him down.

The two of them sat in silence for a bit.

"Well at least you've let it out, now you can accept it, and start getting over her." Ned began.

Peter's head whipped up to look at him, "get over her?" he said in a painfully questioning tone.

"Yeah dude. You can't just keep staying stuck having feelings for a girl that has a boyfriend. You already know that it's not going to go anywhere, it'll only be torture for you, and even if you did wait around in the hopes that they didn't work out, that's not something you should do." Ned explained very insightfully.

Peter looked back to the floor in defeat, knowing that all of those things were true.

But the thought of trying to get over his feelings for her felt so difficult.

Him and her spent so much time together, that it felt like every time they were together, his feelings would only grow stronger.

Before Peter could say anything in response, he felt his phone vibrate.

He pulled it out of his pocket and read a text notification from Y/N.

Where are you two? I got back from my class early, and I'm sitting here with MJ, apparently there was a fight? She's telling me more about it, but I wanted to check where you guys were at first.

Peter's heart stopped and his eyes widened.

He jumped to his feet grabbing his back.

"Ned we have to go!" He said putting his backpack on, gesturing for him to get up.

"what? why?" Ned questioned getting up.

"Y/N got back from her class early and she's sitting with MJ, and MJ is telling her about what happened." Peter said dragging him out of the bathroom.

The two made their way back to the cafeteria table as fast as they could, only to find Y/N listening to MJ go on and on about something.

Peter didn't have the time to hear what it was about, but he slid himself down to a seat next to her.

"Heyyyyy you two!" he said grabbing Y/N by the shoulders lightly.

"oh! Hey Pete! MJ was just spilling some tea to me about this guy who fought Flash because he-"

"Yep yep! Heard all about it earlier, it was crazy! Ok listen, I'm gonna need your help with the project, we need to look over it really quick." Peter cut her off, slowly gesturing for her to stand up.

"oh no! is something wrong with it?" she asked with concern.

"yeah, we just need to check on something, c'mon lets go." he said grabbing her hand and dragging her out of the cafeteria, leaving Ned and MJ at the table.

He tried to ignore the entire presence of the cafeteria staring at the two of them, holding hands, running off.

"Peter slow down!" Y/N said, as he had dragged her halfway down the hallway by now.

Peter realized that the two of them were far enough away from the cafeteria and stopped.

He also then realized that he was still holding her hand and instantly let go.

"Sorry, I just uhm, thought I heard something at the Chem lab, just wanted to make sure the project was ok." Peter said

"You heard? or you know?" Y/N asked cocking an eyebrow.

"welllllll" Peter began, his voice getting higher like it does when he's lying

"Parkerrrrr." She returned, laughing a bit.

"I'm sorry, I just got nervous." he fibbed again.

"It's ok." she said giving him a soft smile.

The school bell rang and the hallways began to flood with students.

It's ok, because I know something that you don't know I know.

Y/N smirked.