Chapter 10: Trust

Y/N and Peter walked down the halls of Midland High.

They went their usual route on their way from their last class together.

Peter could technically take the bus home from school, but on Y/N first few weeks, she got lost a good amount of the time, so he decided to walk with her until she got used to the route.

After figuring out where her apartment complex was, they both found out that they lived not too from one another.

But Y/N lived on the other side of the school district, so the bus didn't pass by her neighborhood.

And so it just became routine for Peter and Y/N to walk together, until they parted ways at their apartments.

They walked along the sidewalk, just exiting the school.

Y/N was cracking jokes about some naive roasts that Ned had let slip, but Peter seemed to be more or less distracted and less amused than usual.

Y/N picked up on his mood, he was like this all day.

And it was starting to worry her.

She didn't think that what had happened last night, and all of the gossip about it today, would really affect him that bad.

So she decided to say something.

"Peter?" She said stopping.

"y-yeah. Yeah?" he said finally seeming to pay attention, he actually looked at her.

"what's wrong?" she said, with a concerning tone in her voice.

"What? haha, what uhm. What made you think anything was uhm wrong? i'm fine!" he said, unconvincingly, folding his arms trying to seem casual, but failing miserably

Y/N sighed, "Peter Parker, you are many things. But a good liar is not one of them" she said, taking him by the arm, and pulling him to a bench side, along the sidewalk.

"What? Y/N, I'm- I'm fine" he said, changing the tone of his voice to be lower with that last 'I'm fine' to seem more convincing.

She gave him the, 'really?' look and turned to face him.

"Peter, not once did you answer a single question in Chemistry today. Whenever Ned or I would make jokes, you barely laughed and didn't make a remark back. Whenever Ned brought up his new Star Wars Lego play set, you didn't completely geek out like you always do. And not once did you take a look at Liz today!" She said counting off the things on her fingers.

"I think there's something you have on your chest." She said looking at him once again.

Peter sighed, and for one, he felt completely called out on all the things she observed, and two, he was shocked with how overly observant she was of him, and how much she cared.

Peter still said nothing, staring off into space, lost in his own thoughts.

Y/N frowned, and got on her knees to kneel in front of him, forcing him to look at her.

His eyes widened with her gesture, and he sat up little, so that there faces weren't at risk of being too close together.

"Peter Parker." She said staring him dead in the eye, "You know that you can tell me anything, right?" she asked, changing to an extremely soft and concerned voice.

"Look... I know we've only been friends for, what? A month? But that doesn't matter to me. You've been the nicest person to me here, taking care of me and making sure I'm having a comfortable adjustment, and I never really got the chance to tell you, but it means a lot to me Peter. And I just want you to know that, I'm here for you, if you ever want someone to talk to, or ever need anything."