Chapter 22: Back Home

Y/N waited for Tony and Happy to get back from dropping Peter off.

She didn't really know what was left of her mission really, now that Peter already agreed to take the internship.

She sighed, thinking about getting to go home.

Tony had notified Y/N that they probably wouldn't get home until the next morning.

So she spent the night at the tower, taking refuge in the room she normally did whenever the occasion came up and she needed to stay over.

She pulled up her phone, texting her boyfriend before going to bed.

"Hey love" she greeted.

She watched as the text dots came up, waiting for his response.

"Hi baby" he texted back.

She smiled tiredly, feeling her heart flutter at the name he calls her.

"how was your day?"

"Good, you?"

"It was tiring, but I was able to get it done thankfully"

at this point Y/N was drifting off to sleep, laying in bed.

"that's good baby, I'm proud of you. Why don't you get some rest? It's late, you're probably tired"

aw I love him, he knows

"thank you bb, I'll talk to you tomorrow. Goodnight love you." she finished.

"Goodnight, love you more"

After all the things that went down that day, all the mixed emotions and trying to read Peter's low key aggression towards her, Y/N fell asleep that night feeling at peace.

The next morning was Sunday.

Mr. Stark was at the tower for a few hours, Y/N met with him in his office, before heading on the jet with Happy.

"Have a seat kid" Tony began, and Y/N placed herself down in front of his office desk.

The two of them sat there in silence before Y/N finally spoke up.

A part of her was afraid of hearing that she would need to stay longer for the mission, but she started anyways.

"So....." Y/N began awkwardly.

"He has no clue that it's you" Tony began.

"oh yes! Uhm thank you, for the suit upgrade I mean" Y/N continued, looking at the floor.

"Of course. Alright" he said clapping his hands together.

"Status update on Parker" he continued.

"Oh, uh well. At first he seemed very uhm.... well. Not too happy about me being there to partner with him. But I think our last conversation really got him to opening up more to the idea" Y/N answered honestly.

Tony nodded, "how do you think he's doing with the new suit?" He asked.

"Still needs more time to adjust, and figure stuff out. Did you leave him the suit?" She asked worriedly, thinking about what it would be like when she got back and he had the suit.

"Yeah, he has it right now. Installed the baby monitor program for the time being" Tony replied.

She nodded in relief, still not having the answer for the question she has.

"Sir?...." she began shyly.

"Uhm... well, what does the remainder of my assignment look like?" She asked cautiously.