Chapter 5: Something There

Y/N's struggles to force a friendship with Peter became less and less difficult over time.

Over the course of the next 3 weeks, their friendship grew by a mile.

She found herself consistently spending most of her school time with him.

And quite frankly, she felt that it was very genuine.

"Y/N?" She heard a voice call

"Mmm, hmm?" She muffled, redirecting her attention back to what she was doing.

Her, Peter, and Ned were sitting at the cafeteria table, watching Liz sit at a farther table.

"We were talking about Peter's chances of scoring a date with Liz, a senior, who is way out of his league," Ned responded, putting emphasis on those last few phrases.

"Dude...." Peter muttered.

Y/N perked her head up, looking over to Liz, then over to Peter again.

"Uhm." She repeater the process of looking back between them, and she actually began to observe all of his features.

"I'd say Peter could have a pretty good chance with her, if he really wanted to shoot his shot." She said, taking a sip of milk from her milk carton and setting it down.

"Thank you Y/N" Peter replied, looking over to Ned for a response.

"Wow, you're both in over your heads. There's no way, Liz is probably the most popular girl at this school. Why would she ever go for Peter?" He asked bluntly and naively.

"Hey, c'mon now. Pete's got plenty of admirable and attractive qualities, that Liz would be lucky to get to date" Y/N responded, playfully squishing Peter's cheeks together as she said that.

"Name a few," Ned tested.

"alright" she said completely facing Peter.

Peter suddenly because all self conscious and timid and waited for her response.

Y/N sat there attentively, observing his face for about a minute before beginning.

"Peter's got a very nice facial structure, ladies love a boy with a jawline," she said tracing it out on his face attentively.

Peter's cheeks began to tint pink, but she didn't notice.

"Peter's also got some nice fluffy hair, chicks love playing with the hair." She continued to look at him.

"oh and Peter has soft brown eyes that just tell you right away that he's caring, sweet,selfless, and has a good heart." she finished, staring intently at his eyes.

Still not noticing the increasing saturation of pink on his cheeks.

She turned back to Ned with a raised eyebrow.

"Wow Y/N" he clapped slowly.

Y/N mini bowed for her performance.

"I think we know one thing that's safe to say," Ned began.

Y/N cockily took a long sip of her milk waiting for him to shower her with praise on her observation skills.

"Forget Liz, why don't you date Y/N, Peter?" Ned blurted.

Y/N choked on her drink as those words left Ned's mouth, and she began to spatter-cough her milk.

"I- uh, wha-ahah.... hmm, that's uhm. That-" Peter began, honestly not knowing what to say, still stuck in his flustered mood.

"I-" she coughed out, "still have... a... boyfriend back home" she managed to cough out before she regained her rhythm of breathing back.

"Yeah! Yeah! Y/N has a boyfriend," Peter replied quickly, trying to back her up.

Ok ouch. That was a quick turn around, like he was so against the idea of dating me.

"Ah, that's right. I forgot" Ned finished, shrugging his shoulders.

"Alright, anywayssssss" Y/N began.

"I have a date. In a bit anyways." She said putting on her backpack and picking up her tray.

"you do?" Peter asked, confused.

"French test at 1" she winked at both of them, "see ya nerds later" she said walking off to class.

Peter and Ned both watched her walk away.

Peter a bit longer, and Ned directed his attention to Peter.

"you ok dude?" He asked his friend.

"yeah man, I just uh, never thought Y/N thought those things" He said finally turning back to the table.

"Yeah, she's such a good friend, hyping you up like that. Who knows maybe you really could get with Liz" Ned finished.

"Liz," Peter mumbled, before spinning around looking for her.

She wasn't even there anymore.

Eventually lunch had ended and Peter and Ned walked off to class.

Peter silently thought to himself about the randomest thing that he just experienced.

Y/N had quickly grown to be a really good friend to him. And granted she was attractive. He was just always so set on Liz, that he never really thought of her in that way.

"You know, it's pretty cool that Y/N and her boyfriend can do long distance, don't you think?" Ned chimed.

Ah. Boyfriend. That word. The word that completely disciplined and shut down Peter's new thought.

"Yeah, pretty cool." He responded.

And after that, the thought of Y/N in that way, wouldn't be seen for a while.

Author's note: I finally got some sort of fluffy something in here. And it feels completely random, but it's ok. It's a fan fiction, it doesn't have to be a good book lmao.