Chapter 2: New Assignment

A year after having received that letter of recruitment to Stark Industries, Y/N's routine teenage life had fluctuated tremendously.

Within that year, Y/N was trained by Stark (specifically to help her understand and control her abilities), received a suit that enhanced her powers, and completed at least 3 "special" assignments for him.

Those assignments typically involved the utilization of her powers of course.

Your usual under cover investigation, retrieving something that Mr. Stark wanted (but needed her to fight for). Negotiating with and/ the overall involvement with the other Avengers, etc.

Y/N didn't exactly consider to herself to be one of the Avengers, but she was very closely affiliated to them under Mr. Stark.

Whenever Y/N wasn't on one of her "special assignments" she stayed back home in Long Island, NY.

These assignments were more of a "as needed" kind of deal.

So whenever Mr. Stark needed her, she was ready.

Y/N's phone vibrated on her desk, directing her focus away from the homework on her desk.

The caller ID read as "unknown"

She picked it up instinctively, knowing that it would be from someone who needed her business.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Y/N" a voice responded.

"Hey Happy, what's up?" Y/N questioned, already expecting an invitation to the tower to receive a new assignment.

"Mr. Stark needs you here this weekend, I'm setting up a jet to come get you this Friday," Happy responded.

Y/N frowned, remembering that she had a big chemistry exam on that following Monday, that she originally planned to spend the weekend studying for.

Y/N didn't naturally excel academically, like some other students could.

She wasn't academically declined, but she also wasn't the type who could just sit in class and absorb every detail, and ace the exam the next day.

"Alright, let me just make some arrangements and I'll get back to you later today." She replied.

After a few cancellations and rearrangements, Y/N was able to make it to her 3 PM appointment at the Stark Tower.

She followed Happy into Mr. Stark's office, thinking about all of the possible tasks she would be getting.

Another interrogation?

Maybe collaborating with one of the other Avengers?

Maybe something relatedly to outer-worldly events?

"Y/N" Mr. Stark greeted, offering a hand shake.

"Afternoon Mr. Stark" She returned.

Y/N and Mr. Stark's relationship was pretty formal most times, and she was ok with that.

"So? What adventurous task do you have for me today? I think I'm really ready to start trying out this new technique I came up with." She began eagerly, referring to a new trick she discovered in regards to her powers.

"Homework" He responded bluntly.

Y/N was taken back, thinking that she misheard him.

"I'm sorry?"

He smirked, "Homework."

She sat quietly, confused and just ready for him to explain.

"I've got a personal research project for you."

Y/N sat there, getting frustrate with the open ended statements that didn't exactly tell her what she needed to do.

"Okayyyy, what exactly will I be researching?" She asked, swiveling in her chair.

"Peter Parker."

Author's Note: Okay everyone, I just realized how limited my knowledge of Tony's personality is, and I apologizeeeee. I didn't really watch the Iron Man Movies (ahaha fake fan), but I am so dedicated to still being able to pull of the story. Hopefully I am able to do it successfully :")