|Ch1|

Brooklyn Jacobson•
"Brook"

"Brooklyn! Brooklyn! Girl if you don't wake up." My mom voice wakes me up out of my sleep. The sound of my bedroom door hitting the wall as she opens it roughly. "Ya dad said you gone have to walk to school or catch a ride with Dame if you don't get up now."

That's all she had to say for me to shoot up from my sheets. I rub my eyes yawning I climb up out of bed. "Sis you already know," my mom speaks on her phone loudly. I brush past her on the way to the bathroom. "Broke my back in last night....girl I don't care that's my husband. Shit how she think she got here?" She asks her friend.

After taking a quick showing and getting dressed in my regular usual fit. Some sweatpants and a t-shirt with my hair in a ponytail. I head down the stairs towards the kitchen. I almost pause in my tracks when I see Damai sitting at the kitchen table eating some breakfast. "Goodmorning sweetie." My dad says kissing me on the forehead as I walk into the kitchen.

"Dad." I mumble not liking how he does that like I'm a kid. I feel like he purposely does it knowing Dame will pick on me about it later. And that's proven when I see the smirk appear on Damai's lips.

"I don't get why you don't catch a ride with Dame. His ass here every morning." My dad peeps. Leaning up against the counter my mom comes in kissing him on the lips before placing her back against his chest.

My mom Ruby met my dad Ozias when they were sixteen years old. From what I heard they were always in love but life and other people kept them away from eachother. So they spent the first half of them knowing eachother on again and off again. Then my mom got pregnant with me. From what they tell me I was a miracle. Wasn't planned but definitely was needed. I brought them even more together and their love for eachother couldn't be hidden any much longer. They got married before I was born. I can't say I look like one more than the other. I have both of their genes & traits. My dads curly hair, my dads light skin and my moms dark skin leaving me a brown chocolate mix, I have my moms plump even lips and my dads dark brown eyes that he got from my grandma. My mom says I'm going to have her bangin' body but it'll just take me a while and that I'm a little chubbier because of my metabolism and that the other I get it could start to fall off.

"I tell her that everyday," Dame's deep voice fills my ears as he replies to him. "She be the one wanting to ride with you."

Damai Nathaniels.

To explain the relationship Damai has with my family would be giving an explanation of the life my parents used to live. My mom very in the streets at a young age, my grandparents very wealthy and in the game causing my dad to be in it too. Selling drugs and coming in contact with a lot of dangerous people. To make a long story short my mom and my dad had a friend named Lucky. Lucky was Damai's dad. At the time Damai was only a couple of months and I wasn't can in the picture yet when he passed. When he passed both my mom and dad made a promise that they'd always be apart of Dame's life even though it was his grandmother who chose to raise him.

That caused me and Dame to be attached at the hip, growing up side by side. Baths together, weekends together, nights spent, snack time. You couldn't see Dame without seeing me and you couldn't see me without seeing Dame. But the past couple of years we've began to drift. What can I say? High school has a way of ruling out who is popular and who is invisible. I'll let you decide which group we individually lie in.

"Everybody always think we're together." I come up with a quick excuse.

My mom laughs at that causing my dad to smirk. "You two done known eachother since before you said ya first words. Fuck what them people think."