|Ch22|

Brooklyn Jacobson•
"Brook"

"Now fair warning. Mr. Larks is a old ass man who flirts a lot. Never enough to make my guards want to kill him though." Rossi warns causing me to laugh.

The sound of Crystal smacking on hot fries cuts our convo short. I look across Rossi's office and at Crystal who is giving us a goofy expression like she just been caught. "Crystal don't you want to use this time to go get you some food or something?" I suggest.

She nods mouthing sorry before standing. "Uh yeah let me go do that. I'll leave y'all to do y'all business woman stuff." She says dismissing herself she walks off.

"She a friend of yours?" Rossi asks changing the subject. She'd told me to come in today and when I came she started giving me the rundown of people she already has business with so I know them before I meet them. I made the mistake of bringing Crystal because she was complaining about always being in the house.

I nod. "Yeah I'm sorry. She's more like family, I took her in."

She nods taking a seat at her Officer chair behind her desk. "I'd like to say that I understand but I actually don't. Her expression is serious.

I raise an eyebrow in confusion. "I thought you had lots of family. I mean-" I cut myself off knowing how I'm making myself sound.

She smiles. "I know Damai gave you the whole run down on me. Yes I have lots of family. I just made the mistake of taking them in way too many times for my liking."

"It's different though she's like a sister to me." I defend. "Plus she's eighteen."

"And now a woman," she mentions. "Trust me I've had someone in my life who was like a sister to me too."

Though I didn't completely agree with what she was implying I stay silent out of respect letting her continue. "So I say tonight you hop on one of my private jets with me to meet a new person I might possibly be in business with. He's in Georgia."

"Uh tonight?" I question thinking of how today must be rough for him.I have a lot of things planned to cheer him up and even customized a gift for him. I know that with it being Vera's birthday today he's hurting.

She raises an eyebrow. "Yes is that a problem?"

"No not a problem it's just today is-"

"You know why I chose you?" Rossi interrupts. "Because you reminded me of me. You're honest, blunt, and you have this aura about you that's different than others. Just like myself you are also a woman. I want to help you become someone like me, where you can live in a home like the one I have paid for with your money."

I didn't take offense to her words I took it as a compliment. Knowing that the money used to buy that house was stolen money. Money that I didn't work a day or a night to earn. But someone else did. It would feel nice to have money of my own.

"Will I make it back by tonight?" I question.

She nods checking the time it's 10:30 am. "Long as we hurry up and leave now we can."

I nod. "Okay I'll drop Crystal off at my place and let Damai know." I plan out.

I hoped everything would be okay but little did I know one small decision would change everything.

Damai Nathaniel's•
"Dame"

The sound of the front door opening down stairs caused me to sit up. Ever since I woke up to a cold bed and Brooklyn gone I've been laying here since. It's now basically eleven in the morning. I'm pretty sure she's with Rossi.