|Ch30|

"It's so brighttt

"It's so brighttt." Brooklyn complains shading her eyes from the sun that peaks through the window.

Crew ignores her as he turns down the street. "This the only pay phone I could find. They don't even have that many of these shits around anymore." He complains too.

"Damn y'all just won't shut up," I snap. "Is this what we all wanted or isn't it?"

"Yeah." They both say in unison.

Once we make it to the block with the phone he pulls over right across from it. "Remember to stay right here. Ight? We gotta be ready to leave instantly." I remind him.

He just nods as I motion for Brooklyn to follow me. I step out of the car making my way towards the pay phone I pull out my iPhone pulling up his office number. I pick up the pay phone putting two quarters inside of it I dial his number. After a couple of rings he answers. "Detective Boston speaking, may I ask who this is?"

I frown at the sound of his voice. "Boston Boston Boston," I repeat his name seeing Brooklyn watching me intently. "It's been a minute since we've spoke."

He goes silent for a minute before speaking. "Who is this?" He questions.

I look around before placing my focus back on the call. "Does the name Farah sound familiar to you?"

The line goes really quiet and when he talks again he sounds somewhat cocky and confident. "I'm guessing this is one of the Cruze & Crew brothers. Look what my pops did was an accident. We both know who he was really aiming to kill."

I feel myself growing with anger and my jaw clenches. "I hope you remember those words."

"And I hope you didn't call my place of work to bring up the past."

"No actually what I'm bringing up is very recent. Does the name Brooklyn Jacobson ring any bells?" I question.

He sighs. "The woman who was killed while being apprehended, the criminal? Yes I'm aware of who she is." A laugh follows soon after.

I look over at Brooklyn. "Killed? That's crazy because  I'm looking right at her."

"Impossible."

"Me and my brotha saw you, burying that girl alive after you killed that man," I pause. "Hold on."

I hand the phone towards her and she doesn't hesitate to take it. "How does it feel to know you didn't kill me?" She asks curiously.

I can't hear what he said but whatever he said caused her to pass it back to me. "What do you want?" He questions.

"I just think it'd be ashamed if the public found out about this. Lying under oath, forging evidence, incriminating innocent people, killing innocent people. Those charges are good enough to get you, your sister, and whoever the fuck Cyclone is, life to prison." I threaten.