|Ch9|

Brooklyn Jacobson•
"Brook"

I played with my pen in between my fingers before raising my hand. "Ms. Jacobson?" My young teacher Mr. Brown addresses me.

"I'm finished."

"Test just started like ten minutes ago." He mumbles more to himself than anything.

And?

Is what I wanted to say but instead I settled with. "I know but I'm done." He motions for me to bring it up and I stand up feeling eyes on me. I glance over my shoulder only to see Damai who is sitting in the back of the classroom minding his business.

I walk up towards the front of the room handing him the paper. Mr. Brown holds it as I do lust in his eyes as he eyes me. "You know I work down at the college too? I'm a professor. With your English credits and how smart you are you could be spending a semester in my English college course class. I have a great literature course I know you'll love." Each word sounds like it's filled with hidden meaning.

My smile that was once there alters. Though he's young he's got to be at least twenty three. And from the looks of it he must've been feeling how he's feeling. He's practically undressing me with his eyes.

"Actually I'm already in honor courses at Howard University. Since as you said my credits are good this English class won't affect anything. Besides I'm graduating early." Each word I say leaves him speechless for a second.

His smile altering too before he plasters on a fake one. "Howard," he clears his throat awkwardly. "That must be quite an accomplishment. I'm sure your parents are proud. For you to be so young with your head on straight."

"I'm eighteen," I correct him. "And I didn't know having your head on straight has an age requirement."

"You'd be surprised most women my age they...." He trials off realizing how he was about to sound. "Just wanted to say I'm proud of you." And with that he takes my paper placing it beside him starting the pile of things he needs to grade.

I turn on my heels the sound of my phone ringing sounding throughout the classroom. Groans coming from the students mouths as it interrupts their testing. "Silence that please Ms. Jacobson."

I roll my eyes snatching my phone off the desk along with my bag I answer it and storm out the classroom. A smile forming on my face as I answer it. "Hey." I say trying not to sound to excited.

"How you doin' Rook? You holdin' up for me?"

The sound of voice makes my body feel all tingly and I lean against the hallway walls biting down on my bottom lip. "Yeah I am," I reply softly. "How is everything back at home?"

"Shit better than ever," I can hear the happiness in his tone. "My people's been buggin' me about you coming down and shit. I keep telling them I gotchu."

"What that mean?" I ask curiously.

"Just know my family take care of who I take care of. Soon as you touch down in the city you gone get much love."

"Oh so y'all gone have me feelin' loved and shit?" I question in a flirtatious tone.

He goes quiet for a second and I hear cars in his background letting me know he's in traffic. "You got ya shit packed?"

"Cylis I know damn well you not talking and driving." I say with slight attitude.

"I'm a grown ass man," he reminds me. "Ain't shit I can't handle. I got it just like I got you. Like I asked, is you packed yet?"

"Yes I'm packed." I mumble rolling my eyes.

"Good," he pauses for a quick second. "You scared to fly alone?"