|Ch33|

"And all she do is run her fuckin' mouth

"And all she do is run her fuckin' mouth. Over and over again. Like damn do she need some dick or something?" I question glancing over at my brother while I talk about Brooklyn. I stare at the red light ahead waiting for it to change.

"I bet if she do you'd give it." Crew mumbles.

I glance over at him with a mug watching him laugh. "Don't nobody want to fuck her ass. Clearlyyy that mouth a turn off."

"I can't tell," he shoots me a look. "Something about her must turn you on. Every chance you get you either arguing with her or talkin' about her. Maybe you need to get you some pussy or some shouldn't no female be able to piss you off that bad."

I laugh this time. "You must've never met the Brooklyn I met then."

"Well bright side is Rossi chose us to do this business on this trip."

"Yeah hopefully she ain't choose her too." I lowkey predict.

He runs a hand down his face looking slightly frustrated. "Why you always gotta be so difficult?"

My mind instantly goes back to a time when I was a kid.

"Dad I wanna go to the park with mama and Crew." I complain.

"She didn't want you to go OD," my pops tells me while sipping from his beer. "If she did she would've took you."

I stare down my nine year old self saddened that she actually didn't take me with her. "Don't do that Ona'je. Don't start whining you know how I feel about that shit." He cusses raising his voice slightly.

I flinch at his tone causing a regretful look to fill his face. "Look son I'm just saying," he tries to explain. "Ya mama always yelling, shouting, I don't be meaning to get loud and yell. But when two people love one another shit shouldn't be this complicated. It's just ya mama....she always been difficult."

"Difficult?" I repeat. "How?"

He sighs motioning for me to move closer to him on the couch. "I've loved your mama since we was kids. We met when we were not much older than you and ya brother. The older we got the more less understanding she'd get. Sometimes I try to calm her down but it seems like woman like her can only hear you when you go about it a certain way. I'd never intentionally hurt her. It's just we both....have trouble understanding one another."

I start to feel sorry for him but even then I still felt the need to defend her. The memories of her crying and her bruises stuck in my mind. I stand up. "Mom said she just wants to fix things with you. Maybe if we go to the park I can talk to her-" I try to walk away but he grips my arm. I stare down at his large hand turning my wrist red with his hold.

"Stop it," he demands anger filling his eyes. "I don't want life to be hard for you like it is for her. Don't and I repeat don't,"

"Be difficult like her."