|Ch41|

-Thought he was king of the world till he lost his queen

The sound of metal clinking gets my attention. I wince sitting up I touch my bandaged forehead. Looking around the empty cell before my eyes land on the police officer standing outside of it. "Com'on now." He orders.

"Where-"

"Now I'm not asking again." He opens up the cell.

I stand up trying not to stumble or fall as I make my way out of the cell. Looking around my eyes search throughout the police station hoping I'd see Ona'je but I knew deep down they had him locked up further away from me. The officer leads me to what I already know is an interrogation room. He pushes me down into the seat and I don't protest mugging him as he cuffs me to the table. The cuffs grip my wrist tightly and I wait there for about six minutes straight, my head pounding until the door opens.

In walks in Savira smiling showing every single tooth in her mouth. "Oh wow," I start clapping causing the cuffs to clink together. "Long time no see how's the relationship?"

Her smile fades and rage replaces it, she rushes towards me gripping me by my shirt she yanks me forward. Her fist placed in the air like she was about to hit me. "You know what," she laughs fakely before letting me go. My body hits the chair and I watch as she takes a seat in the chair across from me. "Prison will beat you up good enough."

I hold a now serious expression tilting my head up as I stare at her. "Is that what you want? For me to suffer?"

Another laugh escapes her lips and I can see her eyes water. "Yeah cause that'll all bring Cylis back huh?"

"I don't know what you're talkin' abou-"

She slams her hand down on the table loudly. "Don't fucking lie to me!" A tear slides down her cheek. "I know you did it. Okay? I know."

I lean forward in my seat plastering on a fake look of sympathy. "You might wanna stop with the water works. Don't want your coworkers watching through that double sided mirror to think that you're having a break down."

I watch as she opens up the orange folder flipping through paperwork. "I'm not worried about that," Savira doesn't even bother to wipe the tear. "I'm a hero in this station now. I caught not one but both drug lords. And with a backseat filled with heavy weight too? The lord works in mysterious ways doesn't he?"

"As he does," I agree with a nod. "Just to think I met you way back in Texas when I was fuckin' ya now ex boyfriend. Very mysterious with those ways huh?"

She shakes her head smirking. "I wouldn't play with God if I was you. Only he can save you now."

A fake pout covers my lips. "And did he save you Officer?"