|Ch26| Pipe Down Pt2

Pipe Down Pt2

•Brooklyn Jacobson•
"Brook"

I sat in the shower letting the water run down my body. Tapping my phone that's placed outside the shower so it doesn't get wet I listen to Rossi's voice clip.

"Hey girl," she says. "Look what went down was real fucked up. I know this ain't gone make you feel better but you know I never liked her ass no way. And Damai he's just....a dumbass man. I know you quit and all but if you need anything. Anything at all just know I gotchu. Me and Rohan both here for you. Bye. I hope things get better." With that the phone beeps indicting that the message is over.

I scroll down my notifications going pass messages from my mom, dad, more family members. Not once opening any of them. Either it's people texting me checking on me or it's people trying to be nosey. As far as him we haven't spoken since I told him to leave. I haven't talked to Crystal either, I don't know where either of them are staying and honestly I don't give a shit. There's still that part of me that loves him so my brain is racked with thoughts that maybe wherever he is he's somewhere off with Crystal. In my own messed up way I allow myself to even be rough on myself about the things I said and the way I reacted. Is it possible that we're both the victim here? Or do I just got such a good heart that I try to place the blame on myself all the time?

After trying my best to clean myself without pausing and letting sadness fill me or staring out into a zone I climb out of the shower covering myself with my rope I walk down the steps taking a seat on my couch. The darkness of the home filling me. How quiet it is making my sb thoughts damn near drive me insane. At this point none of it seemed worth it, I mean I went through so much. I did so much. Put my freedom and life on the line to help one man who turned out to be using me, started messing around with Damai which resulted in East dying. Stole from my parents, quit working for Rossi, never graduated college. Went out my way to help someone who was in need of it aka Crystal. And all for what? To end up alone again? It feels like it did back when I was eighteen and I'd just lost everyone. Like then and like now I can only rely on myself. You know what hurts the most? Is that I don't know what to even do. I don't want to work, I don't want to wake up everyday and go out into the world, I don't want to steal, I don't want to love, I don't want to associate with others. I'm just so tired I honestly want to do nothing. I'm not saying I want to die or anything but I just want to wake up one day without the worries my life brings.

I hear the doorbell ringing and I sigh standing up I make my way towards the door slowly. When I open it I come face to face with the delivery man. He stares at me in awe seeming starstruck by me. "H-hi you have a package." He stutters.

I nod not saying anything I take the pen from him signing. As I'm signing a car drives back slowly music blasting. It suddenly turns down and I see a dark skin with waves and a mouth filled with golds lick his lips leaning his head out of the drivers seat momentarily. "Say shorty can I talk to ya real quick?!" He calls out after me.

I analyze him and his car seeing that there's someone sitting beside him but the darkness of the passenger side of the car hides him. I completely ignore him finishing my signature I hand the the clipboard back to the delivery man before taking my package. I hear the guy from the car smack his lips before screeching off.

I walk back into the house slamming the door behind me I drop the package right beside it. I lock the door then walk over to my couch grabbing the throw blanket and a couch pillow I lay down on it. Trying my hardest to sleep my pain away.

• • • •

"Look I can't keep giving you anymore drinks. You should go. Or I'll have to call the cops." The bartender says.