|Ch24|

Brooklyn Jacobson•
"Brook"

"I know I've made my mistakes mom. But I'm a good person, you know that right?" I ask glancing over at her.

She reaches over the kitchen table rubbing my hand to comfort me. "I know and me and your dad forgive you. What's really going on?"

I sigh. "I fought Gigi the other day mom, Crystal hyped my head up. Excuse my language but shit I hyped my head up too. She posted something about him being her right person wrong timing. And I just...I don't know mom I snapped. He claims he didn't have anything to do with that and the way he feels towards her is strictly friendship wise. He cut her off and blocked her after I beat her up."

"But let me guess that Gigi girl not the real issue, I've worn a look like that before. Things been going wrong lately?" She asks worry in her tone.

"Yes and no. Shits been off somewhat and I don't know what's wrong. It's just something you know?" I ask.

"Sometimes that something can be enough to end things though Brooklyn. Or enough to come back from."

"He's my partner mom. Okay? He's my partner and I love him and I know something is wrong but will figure it out." I say trying my hardest to have hope. "I know I might deserve better than someone who has me fighting over them or making me blame myself and not know if I'm the problem. But still he doesn't mean to, he's innocent in this too."

She looks me in the eyes a serious expression written on her face. "If there is ever...even for a second a tiny voice in your head and that voice is telling you I deserve better listen to her. THATS your partner." She preaches.

"I ain't always been the best to myself ma. I've down talked myself, let my self esteem go. I found myself again. Learned to love myself and turned into a woman. But Gigi? She took me back to that place and-"

"He let her." My mom speaks up. "Whatever she had a chance to do he gave her that chance. Fuck was they doing at a sunset together anyways?"

I shrug. "I don't know mom," I reply in a defeated tone. "But I'll think about what you said."

"Don't just think Brooklyn. Remember what I said."

Damai Nathaniel's•
"Dame"

I sit on the couch scrolling through channels on the living room tv. The sound of Crystal's feet tap against the floor heading towards the kitchen. I glance over to see her wearing a sports bra and some shorts that damn near up her ass. I run my hand down my face growing frustrated.

I just wish I never did what I did with her. It's like since then I always catch her staring. She always up Brooklyn's ass trying to be around her and I know it's because she doesn't want me to get things right with her. I don't have no type of feelings for Crystal, yeah she's attractive but she's also eighteen meaning a year ago she was seventeen. I feel stupid and like a bad person. I used her when I was drunk and hurting. Maybe I wasn't thinking clearly but I should've been. Crystal had a rough life, she was raped by her father for most of it and when she finally found a good and stable place to stay we took things too far. Shit she's growing still and in my eyes she still young. She's no an adult nor a woman and I want her to see and understand that without hurting her feelings.

She steps in front of the tv her hard nipples on display and visible in white tank top. She places her hands on her hips smirking. "So you just gone keep ignoring me?"

"You saw what B did to Gigi. You askin' to get ya ass beat at this point." I say brushing her aside and walking towards the steps.