Chapter 42

I wake up to a bright light shinning into my room. It was already morning. I groan and roll onto my side to check the time.

I grab my phone and turn it on. It was 9 am. I stretch my arms and sit up.

I kick the blankets off my legs and sluggishly walk to my dresser. I pick out a pair of black jeans and a green sweater with a white collar.

I shrug and lazily change into the clothes. I grab my hairbrush and brush the tangles that formed in my hair over night.

I walk over to my bathroom and splash water on my face. I wipe the water off and proceed to brush my teeth.

I hear a small knock on my door as I spit out the toothpaste. I wipe my mouth and go to open the door.

"Good morning!" Yaoyarozu beams. "Oh, Hello. What's up?" I ask. Out of everyone who has showed up to my room, I was not expecting it to be Momo.

"I'm just making sure you remember that we're having our Christmas party tonight." She explains.

"I remember." I say nodding. "Be ready by 6:30. We're having dinner together and then we'll get together by the tree and open presents." She notified.

"Of course, I'll be there." I assure her. "Good." She replies.

She waves and quickly walks down the hall to the next room. I chuckle and shut my door.

I grab my phone off the bed and notice a missed call From Aimi.

(note: If you don't remember, it's the girl he bumped into when he went to the mall, Chapter 41)

I quickly call her back and let my phone ring.

"Hello?" She asks. "Hey." I answer sitting on my bed.

"Hey, Sorry to call you so early." She apologizes. "Oh no, it's alright. I've been up for a bit." I explain.

"Okay, Well, Do you think your busy today? I was hoping we could hang out." She says.

"I'm not busy. What did you have in mind?" I ask her, I prop my head up with my hand.

"I thought maybe we could go to this coffee shop in town." She responded.

"Okay, Sure. What time?" I ask.

"I have to get ready so.. Meet in an hour?" She says.

"Sure, See you then." I say.

"Yup, Okay bye!" She chirped.

"Bye." I say quickly.

Soon, We hung up and I got out of my room to get a snack from the kitchen.

"Good morning." I turn to see Ochako holding a cup of tea, Probably from Momo.

"Morning." I reply. "Did you sleep well?" She asks me. "Yeah, did you?"

She takes a moment but she nods. "Good.." I say. The atmosphere becomes awkward. It didn't feel this way before. I feel so bad for letting this get out of hand.

I remember when we cuddled and kissed. I miss that, I miss her.

"Look.." I start. "No.. It's okay. I know you need space. I'm sorry." She says over me.

"Ochako, you're fine." I say putting my hand onto her shoulder.

She sniffed and set her tea down. Her eyes looked tired, she had dark circles under them.

A tears start forming under her eyes. I could feel her body shaking a little under my hand.

I quickly bring her into my arms and let her head rest under my chin.