House of Divides

Charlie's POV

I walk over to my twin brother who had a smirk plastered all over his face.

Charlie" Eddie, why did you challenge Jerome to this again?"

My brother and Patricia won the wonky donkey after being tied together for six hours which I mean I won my bet with Jerome.

Eddie" Because I wanted to, anyway your boyfriend will be alright he will just go a bit orange"

I shove my brother in the arm and he smirks shoving me back.

Charlie" He is not my boyfriend, shut up"

Eddie" Yeah but you like him don't you"

Charlie" So what if I do, you like Patricia"

Eddie" I do not"

Charlie" Yes you do"

Eddie" I do not"

I giggle at my brother as he shoves me again. We look up as Jerome is getting ready to swallow about four gallons of cream carrot.

Charlie" How much are you giving him?"

Eddie" Hundred dollars"

Charlie" Okay"

Over an hour later, Jerome looked like he was ready to throw up, I have to be honest I think I would had I eaten that much creamed carrot, I think Jerome would be spending a lot of time in the boys bathroom tonight. I walk over to Jerome, he had told me that he was doing this to pay off a PI he had asked to look for his dad and he had found his mum instead. He said it was all a huge mixup but the PI still needed paying so this was what he had resorted to, he had said he was going to give some to the donkeys but I wasn't sure, I knew I couldn't let him take all the money after everything he had done. I walked over to Jerome and looked at him with Sympathy.

Charlie" Jerome, you have my permission to give up if you like"

Then Jerome's friend Alfie comes around and he seems very strained.

Alfie" Don't you dare give up Jerome"

I look over at my brother who has a smirk plastered all over his face.  I walk back over to him.

Charlie" Quite happy then?"

Eddie" I don't think I have ever been happier than right now"*smiles* Come on Jerry, Ain't no gong till it's gone"

Jerome keeps spooning out what is left in the bucket but no one knows how much is left, everyone around is cheering him on, he eats a spoonful of creamed carrot then we all watch as he almost throws up. I grip my brothers arm and hide in him.

Charlie" I can't watch"

Eddie" It's okay look"

Jerome then shows the empty bucket and laughs. I couldn't believe he had done, I don't think I could of done it. I run over to Jerome and smile as a I bash the gong.

Charlie" Jerome, you done it"

Jerome" I know I can't quite believe it myself"

I look at my brother who actually looks surprised that Jerome had managed it.

Jerome" So Miller, are you going to get the money of your brother or shall I?"

I chuckle.

Charlie" I'll do it, come on"

Me and Jerome walk over to Eddie who rolls his eyes as we approach.

Jerome" So where is my money then Miller?"