House of Genius

House of Genius

Charlie's POV

I was sat at my table that I shared with brother who was getting something and Jerome who was holding tryouts for ping pong even though I thought Alfie was his partner, though to be fair I had seen Alfie and he was okay. I then see as Jerome approaches my twin handing him a flyer.

Eddie" What is this?"

Jerome points at the words on the flyer.

Jerome" Ping Pong tryouts this lunchtime"

Eddie" Thanks"

I chuckle as Eddie pulls a face.

Alfie" Hey, Jerome what is this?"

Jerome" Oh nothing,  just shooting the breeze with good ol' Eddie. Right, Eddie?"

Eddie" Sure"

Eddie sits back down at our table and I look at the flyer.

Charlie" You going to try out"

Eddie" I don't know, what about you"

Charlie" Maybe"

Jerome who had been listening to our conversation and dropped in his opinion.

Jerome" So I can count on one of you twins right?"

Charlie" Sure"

I then watch as Alfie begins to mix an orange chemical and a green chemical.

Mara" Alfie, you shouldn't mix chemicals if you don't know what they are."

Alfie" Sorry Mara, very sensible and so boring though"

Jerome chuckles and I look over.

Charlie" Go on Alfie I want to see"

Mara" Don't encourage him Charlie"

Charlie*ignores her* Go on Alfie"

Mara" Alfie you don't know what they are?"

Alfie" I do know what they are, they are stinky green and lumpy orange"

I watch with fascination as Alfie tips one into the other and then realise he is not finished and I slowly back away back to my seat. Then when Alfie has finished the whole thing erupts which the causes a awful odour to pass through the room. I clutch my nose like everyone else and give my brother a look.

Mr Sweet"Stop that at once, Alfie!"  "It's incredibly dangerous!"

Victor"What is going on here?"

Mr Sweet"I have everything under control, Victor."

Victor"I beg to differ, Mr. Sweet. It appears to me that what you have here is a class full of dunces who should not be interfering in things they do not understand."

When Victor has left Alfie exclaims his excitement.

Alfie" That was awesome sauce, if I was mad scientist I could do this for a living, right Mara"

Mara*shakes her head*

-Lounge Room-

As my brother had gone off in search of Patricia I went into the lounge room. The sofas and chairs had been moved over and a big tennis table stood in their place. I walk up to Jerome and he sees me.

Jerome" Hey Miller Twin 2, I was hoping I could count on it being one of you"

Charlie" I don't think my brother was really into it"