House of Phantoms

Nicholas's POV

Fabian"No!"

We all start screaming, I had just seen my twin sister fall through a trap door.

Nicholas" No, this can't be happening! She can't be gone!"

Fabian shouts her name while Alfie and Amber stand on their squares in shock alongside me and Patricia.

Patricia" NINA!

Amber"Where did she go?, Nina!"

Nicholas"Can you hear us?!"

We all start panicking now, not quite sure what to do, I couldn't believe I had just seen my sister disappear through a hole in the floor, she had to be okay, she had to be.

Amber"Where is she now? Can I get off the board?"

Patricia"I don't know, Fabian"

He's crying harder than any of us, whispering Nina's name and repeating 'what have I done?' over and over.

Patricia"Fabian...look, Fabian, it's not your fault, okay?"

Nicholas" It's okay, you just need to focus and tell us what to do."

Fabian"All right, Okay, um..."

Alfie"Fabian,"

Fabian"Everyone retrace your steps."

Amber"I can't remember!"

Nicholas" Me neither"

Fabian"Amber, uh, shift to your left and then back down the side of the board."

Very carefully, Amber, Patricia, Alfie, and I retrace our steps back to the start of the board.

"My warnings ignored, now count the cost. Continue the task, and all will be lost. But if fallen friends you wish to reclaim, you have no choice but to finish the game."

Amber"If we carry on, we lose everyone, but...if we don't"

I finish Amber's sentence.

Nicholas" We lose my twin forever."

Patricia"Wherever she is, she must be okay, Otherwise why would the message say 'reclaim' her?"

Alfie"It doesn't mean she'll be back in one piece, though,"

I look at him with a stare then run after Fabian.

Patricia "Way to spin it, Alfie."

Alfie"What?"

I run after Fabian he is still crying, I put my hand on his shoulder. He looks around at me.

Fabian" Nicholas,I'm sorry I've lost her, I've lost Nina, your sister, your twin"

Nicholas*sighs* It's okay, we will get her back, she is okay, I can feel it"

Fabian"We can't do this anymore, Not without Nina. It's finished."

After we all have finished breakfast we all meet in the hallway.  

Patricia" We need to get back down there and play the game again"

Amber""Yeah, Yeah."

Alfie "If we lose, someone else disappears."

Amber"Oh, yeah. Yeah."

Patricia"Tell them, Fabian, We have to go and play the game again, right?"

Fabian who is still red in the face from all his crying looks at us with upset eyes.