House of Wires

House of Wires

-Lounge room-

Nina's POV

We are all sat in the lounge waiting on the bell to go for first lesson, so we are just sitting trying to figure out the riddle the dollhouse gave me yesterday.

Nina" And when I turned around she was standing right behind me"

Alfie" And she basically just said to hurry, right, or else?"

Nina" Yeah, but she was angry. Angry like you wouldn't believe. It was really scary. She said the raven is poised to swoop."

Fabian "And you think it means Victor?"  It has to be Victor, right? 'Cause of Corbierre"

Amber "Well, Victor didn't have the amulet, Jerome did."

Nina "That's why I don't understand,"

Nina "She said this ruler may be forgotten, but she will not be ignored."

Alfie "Sounds like a spirit with self-esteem issues," Alfie comments.

Nina "So, what's the latest with the clue, Fabian?"

We all listen as Fabian reads it out.

Fabian "Upon the foundation on which this house rests, lies the solution to the spider web test. To find the armorer and scholar's hollow, the silver thread of fate you must follow."

Nina "Armorer and scholar's hollow...

Alfie "The library."

Fabian"How did you figure that one?"

Alfie "That's where the suit of armour used to be,"

Alfie "Armour, armorer, right? And, I don't know, isn't scholar, like, an old style word for massive nerd?"

Amber "And where do you find that?"

We all look at Fabian which makes him cause an outburst.

Fabian "So I spend a lot of time in the library, This doesn't mean that I'm a massive nerd, okay?"

Nina"Okay, so Fabian and I will research online while you three go check out the library."

The bell rings signalling the end of our free time to chat, we all get up and head to class.

Eddie's POV

I reach to grab Patricia as she nearly runs into the couch.

Eddie" Hey careful"

Patricia" Eughhh, get away from me slime ball"

Eddie" Okay, so you can definitely see now"

Patricia" Look I don't need you help, just get away from me"

Eddie" Hey after our detention you need looking after, I mean you almost kissed me, close call right"

Patricia" Well I don't know what you are talking about and I was half blind so it doesn't even count"

Eddie" Well if you want to take another run at it, I'm here"

Patricia" Look I'll tell you what, you make the arrangements, tell me where you will be and I will make sure I am on the other side of the planet"

I sigh and try something else.

Eddie" Patricia" I have lowered my forcefield, maybe you could drop the act and lower yours too"

Patricia" Oh just grow up and leave me alone"

Eddie" Fine then, smell you later"

Charlie's POV