House of Keepers

Enjoy! This is a bit short sorry about that. I still hope you like it though.

Charlie's POV

I was sat in class with Jerome and Alfie after the goose incident we were still waiting on the goose to do it's business. I hadn't seen my brother since yesterday I was too tired last night after the goose chaos to see him so then I got up late and didn't manage to see him this morning, I was hoping he would be in class but he wasn't.

Mrs Andrew" Projects due in tomorrow and Alfie, Jerome we all know you don't have a dog so that excuse won't fly"

Alfie" We do have a goose and that does fly

Everyone gets up to leave the classroom as the bell rings. I get up and still look around for my brother even though I know he isn't here. Patricia obviously notices this and takes this opportunity to have a go at me.

Patricia" Hey, Weasel Twin 2 where is your other half, I thought twins were joined at the hip"

Charlie" Shut up Patricia I think you will find that's only conjoined twins and I can live without him"

Patricia" Well, I'm seeing the weasel later, I'll tell him his sister says hi"

Charlie" You do that"

Charlie's POV

I head back to the house after school and there is still no sign of my brother or Patricia for that matter. I join Alfie and Jerome in the living room as they are talking about the goose that still hasn't produced said gem. Victor then enters and I sigh, things were never good when Victor walks in.

Nina" Sorry Victor, what's this about?"

Jerome" Yeah Alfie and I have homework to ignore"

Charlie*chuckles Yeah I'm not a fan of homework either"

Victor" Sit down, all of you, be quiet"

I wonder what this is and then Victor holds up a box with Ruff Ruff written in large font.

Victor" This arrived today for now the recipient for now is a mystery, however the content is not, pet food!

I look at Jerome and Alfie who have been sharing awkward glances at each other.

Victor" The rules are very clear, pets are strictly prohibited at Anubis House, if one of you is found to be harbouring one of these then the punishment will be severe, now Vera will chaperone you all here while I search the house starting with the upstairs. "

Jerome" Remind me we left the goose on the bed in plain sight"

Alfie*nods* Yeah"

Jerome" Good for a moment there I thought Victor might find it"

I jump as Jerome freaks out.

Nina" This is really bad."

Amber"I know, what if Victor finds out I adopted a giant panda?"

Fabian" I don't think that is the kind of pet Victor is concerning himself with"

Nina" What if he finds the spare amulet?"

Amber" Oh yeah that would be worse"

While we wait for Victor to finish searching upstairs Jerome leans over to me and smiles.

Jerome" So yeah, thank you for today, like helping us with the goose"

Charlie*blushes* Oh it's okay, anything for friends right"

Jerome" Oh yeah, anything for friends of course"

Victor eventually returns from upstairs and the Nina and Amber jump up before he even has time to get in the door.