House of Pitfalls

Nicholas's POV

My sister and I were sitting with our Gran, she was still asleep.

Nicholas" And you haven't even been to Scotland, gran, So you can't quit your tour just yet"

Nina" And everyone at Anubis House has been asking about you, Even Victor.So you've got to get better.You've just got to"

Then our Gran's eyes turn black and we see that Senkhara has taken over her. Myself and Nina start screaming in fright.

Nina and Nicholas" Gran! Gran! Gran?"

Senkhara "Foolish girl and boy, The Chosen Ones? Such a disappointment"

Nicholas" What have you done to our gran?"

Gran" Nina,Nicholas help me.You must do as she asks"

Nicholas"I'm here"

Nina"I'm here"

Senkhara" You heard what she said.Now bring me the mask"

Nina" We will"

Nicholas" We will, Just don't hurt her, please"

Then we both wake up and exchange glances with each other. We then look at our Gran and she is still asleep. I wrap my arms around my sister and comfort her.

Nicholas" It's okay, we are going to get this mask, for Gran"

After we get back to school we head to the library where we know Sibuna will be. All of them look around as we enter. We go to speak but are interrupted by the door opening again.

Nina" Okay, we need to—"

Its Jasper and he is holding a replica of the mask we had given to Rufus.

Nicholas"Hey, isn't that..."

Jasper"Mysteriously returned, No note or anything. And only slightly damaged. I restored it to its original state."

Nina and Nicholas"That means Rufus knows it's a fake."

All of Sibuna don't even look at us mainly because we are all focused on getting the real mask. They had got used to us saying things together.

Amber "Good, so he's going to be very, very disappointed sniffing around for the real Mask anytime now."

Fabian then pulls out a board which looks like chess. He shows us.

Fabian"Which is why it's good that we found Robert's senet board,"

Amber"I'm the one who found it."

Nicholas and Nina"No way!"

Nina takes it and we both admire it.

Fabian "And look."

Fabian turns the board around to reveal the game rules on the back of it.

Patricia"The rules?"

Fabian"Trust Frobisher to know the true ancient rules to the game."

Nina"And what about the key Trudy mentioned?, The clue from the dollhouse."

Fabian"Well—"

Patricia"If there even if a clue in the dollhouse."

Fabian "Maybe this is the key to playing senet."

Nina "This all looks kind of one-sided."

Patricia"More like pawns versus queens,"

Fabian"Or humans versus gods,"

Humans versus gods, oh boy.

After our visit to the library we head back to the house. We begin to explain what had happened at the hospital.

Alfie"Senkhara spoke through your gran?!"

Nina" Yeah it was really scary, I just feel so helpless"

Nicholas"It was frightening, Gran didn't look like herself, I guess you could say she was possessed"

Amber"That is seriously scary."

Nina"Believe me, it was, We have to get her that mask, Fabian."

Fabian"Yeah, and we will,"